PDA

View Full Version : Help!

97Hellrot318ti
03-31-2005, 08:32 PM
I recently got a flat tire after running over some kind of little spike... tire is ruined, and no one in Daytona seems to sell proxes... wtf? Anyway, I am forced to run on the donut until I find some proxes. I've been on it for about 25 miles now. The stock donut, in relation to my seventeen inch wheels, is definitely a different diameter... Is this going to ruin my differential? If so, have I done damage already? Advice would be great right now, thanks!

cali-ti
03-31-2005, 08:36 PM
just my thought (no one shoot me for offering my opinion please, i'm not a professional mechanic :p), but with independent rear suspension, it shouldn't be a big deal. the cv joint allows for flexing/angling. tire rack should be able to ship you a new one quickly i would think.

97Hellrot318ti
04-01-2005, 12:05 AM
just my thought (no one shoot me for offering my opinion please, i'm not a professional mechanic :p), but with independent rear suspension, it shouldn't be a big deal. the cv joint allows for flexing/angling. tire rack should be able to ship you a new one quickly i would think.

Thanks! Just to be safe, anyone else have feedback on this? So far I've got 2 people who say it will eff up my diff, and 2 who say it won't.

marcus2116
04-01-2005, 02:01 AM
no it is not good especially if its lsd

97Hellrot318ti
04-01-2005, 03:10 AM
no it is not good especially if its lsd

It's not LSD

cali-ti
04-02-2005, 03:41 PM
marcus, could you explain why it's bad? i don't doubt what you say, i just like to understand the logic behind it. thanks! :)

maurolin
04-03-2005, 12:22 AM
open diffs rotate freely.. lsd have limited locking and need to have the same rotation or they'll damage.
If you need tires... I work for the largest tire seller in america...

97Hellrot318ti
04-03-2005, 12:44 AM
open diffs rotate freely.. lsd have limited locking and need to have the same rotation or they'll damage.
If you need tires... I work for the largest tire seller in america...

Can you help me? I was thinking of going through tire rack, because nobody in the daytona area seems to have toyo proxes.