PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: mirrors (and bavarian motorwerks)

cali-ti
04-01-2005, 04:49 PM
what do people think of these mirrors? does anyone have experience with this company, bavarian motorwerks?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7965548056&category=33649&sspagename=WDVW

city
04-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Decent looking mirrors. I like the M3 mirrors on my car more though, but its preference.

gadgetphreak
04-02-2005, 12:41 AM
What does this mean:

"The mirrors are fully electric with auto fold up feature just like European spec E46 M3 side mirrors."

Is that what the line in the glass which is visible in some pictures is for? Maybe our european brethren can enlighten us yanks..?

Gadget

cali-ti
04-02-2005, 01:24 AM
i believe that means the whole mirror assembly pivots and folds up flat/parallel to the door glass (for like going through car washes and such). the mirror has a line (hard to tell how annoying that would be to look at) because the end is wide angle while the rest is not (or vice-versa).

GDB
04-02-2005, 01:31 AM
I really can't decide if I like those. I'd have to see them in person.

aceyx
04-02-2005, 01:51 AM
take your stock mirror and fold it flat against the car (pushing toward the rear). the power folding feature is that, and i assume it automagically does so by tapping into a keyed power wire.

in man countries of the EU, this is a common practice, since many cars are parked halfway on the sidewalk, half on the street, and it prevents your mirrors from breaking off.

it's also a common feature to be able to turn on your corner / tail /sidemarkers for just one side (the side in the street) for better visibility when parking like this. benz's have this feature (along with a rear fog light), audi's, jags, volvos and range rovers have rear fogs, and may have the other stuff as well. i wish that these features were available on US cars, because i'd certainly have a use for them.

cali-ti
04-02-2005, 03:38 PM
i could see that the folding feature would be useful. the mirrors look ok, not necessarily the best, but certainly not the worst. the big thing i'm wondering is how good of quality they are. anyone ever done business with bavarian motorwerks?