PDA

View Full Version : Got the Supersprint Racing Resonator today!

Viper3812
04-07-2005, 03:40 AM
It finally came in today and looks great. It is actually smaller than in the picture, which I guess makes it a good thing as in light weight compared to the cat. I will get pics tomorrow and post them up and if I have time get it installed. If not then definately Friday and I will let you guys know how it sounds.

AlaskaBlue
04-07-2005, 04:30 AM
Sweeeet. Definately let us know how that goes.

dodj
04-07-2005, 05:48 AM
What is that??

Sorry I am a complete noob, i know.

Panzer_M
04-07-2005, 07:19 AM
Let us know if you have an CEL issues.

Viper3812
04-07-2005, 01:14 PM
What is that??

Sorry I am a complete noob, i know.

It is basically the part of the exhaust that replaces the cat. which means more free flow air going out, no more restricted air, and some hp gains (hopefully). It is also illegal because you will be taking off the cat. and if there are no inspections in your state then no worries of getting in trouble like here in Florida.

Viper3812
04-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Let us know if you have an CEL issues.

Yeah I will let you know, but I hope I don't have an issue. I lined up the resonator with the cat last night and it bolts on to the cat. back and they gave me a clamp for the other end which goes to the header and it loooks short. I'm not sure if there is a hidden section where the pipe slides off or that some cutting needs to be done (this is with just looking without a jack).
Also the sensor does not reach the resonator, so I guess it will stay unless I am wrong from looking at it. I don't know right now, but I will find out when I get it done.

Viper3812
04-08-2005, 12:00 AM
Well it has been done, I finally have the resonator installed. It took a while to get it done because everyone here refused to install it for teh reason of being illegal, but I found a place and had it done.

For anyone who is planning on getting one, you will have to cut the pipe to slide into the resonator. I also have some good news about the check engine light, it does not turn on. Thank you OBD1, but I think for those of you with OBD2 will have the light come on because of having 2 sensors.

I have not been able to test out the exhaust that much because it has been raining hard over here and it is now slowing down, so I will take another drive. At first the sound was completely different from before, but then it changed back and has a little more of a deeper sound, but I do have a problem. I have an exhaust leak and need to change out a gasket, probably tomorrow. After that is complete and I break it down I will feel the extra power and new sound of the exhaust. Going for a ride on the highway on Saturday for a bmw meet.

Well this is all I have right now and I hope it is helpful information. I will post updates after I get the new gasket and break it down a bit, but right now it sounds great. Any questions, just ask.

My list:
Supersprint Cat. back
Supersprint Racing Resonator
All I need now is the $950 Supersprint Header to complete my exhaust, which will take a comuple years or until I win the lottery.

AlaskaBlue
04-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Wooooo. Congratulations. I hopefully I will get some sort of cat replacement. My friend has a S-10 with a four cylinder, and with out the cat. It sounds like a freakin' racecar when he gets on the gas. He also said he could feel the power. I.E. he could break the backend loose more easily while going around a corner.

Panzer_M
04-08-2005, 05:36 AM
well damn my ODB II self.

need to get off the Supersprint group buy for the resonator.

and I would rather have a Stromung over a SuperSprint exhaust.

GDB
04-08-2005, 05:46 AM
As far as the OBDII people go, there are several companies that make a MIL eliminator that simply plugs into the o2 sensor wiring harness and sends it the signals that it wants to see. This will not affect AF ratios since the only purpose of the second O2 sensor is to keep tabs on the cat.

Panzer_M
04-08-2005, 09:45 AM
link to said companies?