PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up: K&N and Stock Airbox problem

KdCass
04-07-2005, 07:07 PM
The stock airbox has a 'basket' that sits over a foam on both the top and bottom half. I guess the foam is for sound inulations, maybe heat.

The problem is this foam on the bottom half of my box was beaking down in to powder like pieses. These pieces were cloggin the hell out of my K&N. If you have a paper filter dont think it is a big deal. However on the foam was suck in the filter really bad.

I removed the foam from the bottom (top seemed fine) thenbanged the filter out and put it back in. I noticed the pep was back into my m44. :2gun:

-Dave

m44ic
04-07-2005, 07:23 PM
The stock airbox has a 'basket' that sits over a foam on both the top and bottom half. I guess the foam is for sound inulations, maybe heat.

The problem is this foam on the bottom half of my box was beaking down in to powder like pieses. These pieces were cloggin the hell out of my K&N. If you have a paper filter dont think it is a big deal. However on the foam was suck in the filter really bad.

I removed the foam from the bottom (top seemed fine) thenbanged the filter out and put it back in. I noticed the pep was back into my m44. :2gun:

-Dave

yeah rip all that crap out especially the stuff after the filter it gets in the engine

GDB
04-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Yeah, when I first changed my filter I got rid of all that crap, I don't want any pieces of foam flying getting sucked into my engine or gumming up some sensor.