PDA

View Full Version : Solstice is hot!!!!!!

L84THSKY
04-16-2005, 11:22 PM
This car has alot even Ti owners would envy.....

http://www.pontiac.com/apprentice/Solstice_Specs.pdf

rendoll911
04-17-2005, 12:37 AM
looks hot but how will it compare to the miata?
GM engineers never fail to screw things up

GDB
04-17-2005, 12:51 AM
Looks nice, it was at the Houston Auto Show and pics definately don't do this car justice.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the Saturn Sky on the roads.
http://www.saturn.com/saturn/showroom/future_vehicles/sky.jsp?nav=710&flashOK=yes

cali-ti
04-17-2005, 02:58 AM
is this actually being produced? or is it going to be another showcar that never sees the light of day? i'll second rendo's opinion of gm's capabilities ...

GDB
04-17-2005, 03:01 AM
is this actually being produced? or is it going to be another showcar that never sees the light of day? i'll second rendo's opinion of gm's capabilities ...

The solstice has been in the works for a few years now. Bob Lutz is working on it and has said that it will be produced, I think he said '05 but I'm not positive on that. I believe the Sky will be released a year later.

pdxmotorhead
04-18-2005, 04:40 AM
As of a day or two ago the first 1000 limited editions were available for order
on a first come first served basis....likely not too many available by now...

Dave

30yrMbr
04-18-2005, 05:27 AM
What another Pontiac attempt at the Fiero. To be killed just about when they finaly almost got it right.

L84THSKY
04-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Way back when in 1989, I was considering a Fiero GT. My car at the time was a 1980 Triumph Tr-7, so anything else was a step up in reliability.

The late model Fiero (6 cylinder) was kinda cool. I drove one and it was interesting. The problem is, it's a mid engine, but there is very little space under the hood, and just a tiny space behind the engine. In other words, you can't put much in it.

If you read the specs on the Solstice, it looks sweet, can't speculate on reliability.

What another Pontiac attempt at the Fiero. To be killed just about when they finaly almost got it right.

schussey
04-18-2005, 08:01 PM
this is one of the only cars that my dad an I disagree about. I hate it, my dad likes it.

-chris

LN318TI
04-20-2005, 11:21 PM
love this Fieros' were crapy from conception to production this one has class, style and horsepower.

cali-ti
04-20-2005, 11:33 PM
well ... had pontiac built the fiero like they did the last year ( 88 ), they wouldn't have been the problem they were. lotus engineering even tuned the suspension. bean counters shouldn't be allowed to make engineering decisions on cars. they went with off-the-shelf parts (from shizat like chevettes and citations if memory serves) instead of decent parts. it wasn't meant to be a sports car (from the accountants and marketing point of view), but a cheap commuter car. they were working on a turbo setup that was walking very nicely in corvette territory for a helluva lot less money. it also acted as proof of concept for their now much used "plastic, dent-proof" door panels and such. you may have rust all over your frame, but you won't see any on the body panels! MANY things could and should have been executed better on the fiero. kinda glad they weren't since that pushed me into bmw's :) never underestimate the power to f#@& up a good design!