PDA

View Full Version : DASC: Miles/Time used

KdCass
04-20-2005, 06:38 PM
If you Dasc fellas could post the following: how many miles when installed, current miles, and how long its been installed.

If you'd like pertinant problems concerns or opinions.

Thanks in advance.
-Dave 98 116k

p.s. I'm jealous of you ALL :biggrin:

ZeroG
04-20-2005, 06:54 PM
If you Dasc fellas could post the following: how many miles when installed, current miles, and how long its been installed.

If you'd like pertinant problems concerns or opinions.

Thanks in advance.
-Dave 98 116k

p.s. I'm jealous of you ALL :biggrin:

Installed in Y2K @ 80K miles.

Car now how 130K+, and is autocrossed regularly.

-Chad

KdCass
04-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Im really impressed zerog. Not to pry but how do you drive, I give it gas but never floor it, alway cut throttle before 6k.

-Dave

ZeroG
04-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Im really impressed zerog. Not to pry but how do you drive, I give it gas but never floor it, alway cut throttle before 6k.

-Dave

If I drive the car on the street I am pretty conservitive. On the track though I go balls to the wall. In Auto X it usually first or second gear, and maybe a little bit of third. So I run about 6K+ for a good solid minute and 70 seconds or so. About a 1 1/2 ago I even blue a valve that was most likely caused by over reving.

-Chad

KdCass
04-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the info Chad, Id love to autox never have.

-Dave

moku
04-21-2005, 03:54 AM
Installed: around 102,000 miles
Currently: a little over 118,000 miles

It's only been about 6-7 months since it was installed and have been loving every minute. I drive about 500 miles a week and usually drive between 80-90 mph, so it's getting some good use.

The only thing that I've noticed is that my engine squeeks a lot from a cold start until it warms up. Not sure if it's the idler pulley or one of the other pulleys, but I know that others with a DASC have had similar experiences.

Aside from that, I have no complaints and enjoy the boost.

DustenT
04-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Installed at 100,000 miles.
Currently at 115,000 miles.

Problems: None.

- These superchargers are wonderful. I just fabricated a cold air intake that relocates the filter directly behind the foglight blanks(I don't have foglights). When I give it partially throttle it whistles so loud you can hear it from blocks away. It sounds very nice, and I have gotten many compliments on how nice it looks mounted in the engine bay, it looks stock.

KdCass
04-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks Moku, DustenT.

Did any of you guys install yourselfs? If not what did you spend besides buying the kit.

Thanks

-Dave

jigg60
04-21-2005, 09:50 PM
Thanks Moku, DustenT.

Did any of you guys install yourselfs? If not what did you spend besides buying the kit.

Thanks

-Dave

Installed in 2002 at 94,500 miles
Currently has approximately 140,000
Zero problems, Zero complaints
I installed myself over a weekend - not a bad job at all.

Really transforms the car into something fun. I drove nearly 1000+ miles a week there for a while without any compromise in reliability or gas mileage. I did see a slight decrease in mileage (30 to 28 or so) with "spirited" highway driving...
Highly recommended!

ZeroG
04-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Thanks Moku, DustenT.

Thanks

-Dave
I did the install myself. All in all it took me about 20 hours. I also spent a few months though getting everything ready. I had all the brackets powder coated, adn the manifolds extrude honed. Also Gerry Dorrison did a great write up, check the "TI" Notebook for my details.

-Chad

DustenT
04-21-2005, 10:32 PM
I had a friend help me install mine. Between the two of us it took 14 hours to install. Started right up, no problems since then.

KdCass
04-21-2005, 10:48 PM
"I did the install myself. All in all it took me about 20 hours. I also spent a few months though getting everything ready. I had all the brackets powder coated, adn the manifolds extrude honed. Also Gerry Dorrison did a great write up, check the "TI" Notebook for my details." -chad

I saw the wright up, didnt realize thats your car. Nice!

I could be wrong but extrude honing (sp) is pretty expensive. Do you think that helped the flow much?

Maybe this is dumb to ask, but is powder coating is just for looks?

Thanks

-Dave

ZeroG
04-22-2005, 04:21 PM
"I did the install myself. All in all it took me about 20 hours. I also spent a few months though getting everything ready. I had all the brackets powder coated, adn the manifolds extrude honed. Also Gerry Dorrison did a great write up, check the "TI" Notebook for my details." -chad

I saw the wright up, didnt realize thats your car. Nice!

I could be wrong but extrude honing (sp) is pretty expensive. Do you think that helped the flow much?

Maybe this is dumb to ask, but is powder coating is just for looks?

Thanks

-Dave

Dave,

The write up from Gerry Dorison is his car not mine. I just used his write up as a guide. My car can be viewed in my gallery: .

http://www.318ti.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=345&cat=500&page=3

The Extrude Honing was kind of expensive. I met the owner of the company at SEMA last year so he gave me a pretty good deal. If anyone else is interested I can hook them up for the same price. The cost was $400 for the intake manifold and the intake elbow. I don't really know if it made a performance difference or not, I can tell you that I was able to see my face on the inside on the manifold though. I can post results from a syno if I can ever find time to get to one. If anyone want to see pics of the completed hone let me know I have those as well.

As for the Powdercoating yeah it is just for looks. It just makes the install look cleaner. All the OEM brackets from DA are gold in color. When they are black it give it more of the OEM look.
-Chad

Blueiii
05-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Anyone run into problesm after intallation with the clutch / rear diff? I'm curious as to whether they can support the added power.

KdCass
05-02-2005, 04:13 AM
Thanks Chad.

I've heard the clutch goes pretty fast. Most seem to put a m3 clutch on.

If it were ME I'd replace the clutch at the same time. That way less down time for the little car. :biggrin:

-Dave 117k 98

ZeroG
05-02-2005, 05:50 AM
Anyone run into problesm after intallation with the clutch / rear diff? I'm curious as to whether they can support the added power.

As for as the clutch goes I have had no problems. I do not notcie any slipping at all. As for the diff, my car came with and LSD and I have not noticed any problems at all. I have rev'd it up to about 3500 and dropped and the car just sat and spun tires so slippage is not a problem at this point.

-Chad

quillbro
05-17-2005, 07:56 AM
Installed at 100,000 miles.
Currently at 115,000 miles.

Problems: None.

- These superchargers are wonderful. I just fabricated a cold air intake that relocates the filter directly behind the foglight blanks(I don't have foglights). When I give it partially throttle it whistles so loud you can hear it from blocks away. It sounds very nice, and I have gotten many compliments on how nice it looks mounted in the engine bay, it looks stock.

pics of the intake????

Budget M3
05-22-2005, 07:59 AM
Installed in 2003 at ~75K, currently at ~95K...no issues except I need to run octane boost in the tank here in AZ, especially in the summer heat. The 93 octane gas in VA was fine straight from the pump, but the gas in AZ is only 91 octane so I put a bottle of booster in every tankful to prevent detonation (pinging)...