PDA

View Full Version : Monroe Sensatrac??????

Boxbrownie
04-20-2005, 07:56 PM
These sound cheap and nasty to me I must admit, and having no experience og Monroe dampers, whats the opinions? They are a rear pair and very cheap.
I think I know what the answers will be........but wanted to confirm! :biggrin:

Best regards David

socal318ti
04-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Most anything that is very cheap can't be very good. Save your pennies and go with a set of bilstein's.. unless you really need something now.

GDB
04-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Cheap does not necessarily mean bad. KYB are fairly cheap, and are decent. Monroe are cheap and crappy, I've had them before and they are great if you drive a 87 Cadillac Deville, but you're gonna want something with thats a little stiffer (regardless of how you drive).

aceyx
04-21-2005, 12:26 AM
i threw a set of monroes in my jeep--didn't last very long.

the stock shocks aren't too expensive, and the bilsteins aren't much above that (check ebay). i can personally vouch for the boge touring shocks, just a little stiffer over stock but still comfortable.

FYI, in the states, if you buy the bmw shocks and have them replaced by a dealer, you then have a lifetime warranty on them. definitely worth it in the long run if you plan to keep the car going past 200k miles.

cali-ti
04-21-2005, 12:41 AM
200k? **** ... i'm already there ... 400k here i come! :p i'll give these bilsteins a good test :)

Boxbrownie
04-21-2005, 07:35 AM
Thanks all I figured as much, being US originated dampers! :biggrin:

I said they were cheap didnt I........£7 a pair :blink:

:rolleyes: hmm maybe they'll fit the lawn mower?

Best regards David

cali-ti
04-21-2005, 12:07 PM
now david, why would you want to subject your lawn mower to that? hasn't it served you well, why do you wish to punish it so? ;)

btw, i agree with your "being US originated dampers" for the most part. sad but true.

Boxbrownie
04-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Well its a Yard King...........another one from across the pond! great mower though...