PDA

View Full Version : What a difference the X-brace makes!

moku
04-21-2005, 04:07 AM
Just installed my x-brace and it has made a big difference! The car feels solid, especially in turns. Much snappier.

Now I just need to upgrade my sway bars, possibly add a strut tower bar, and I'll be done with my suspension.

cali-ti
04-21-2005, 04:11 AM
done? ;) what all do you have suspension wise right now? i have an x-brace (christmas present) waiting to be installed ... looking forward to it!

moku
04-21-2005, 04:35 AM
done? ;) what all do you have suspension wise right now? i have an x-brace (christmas present) waiting to be installed ... looking forward to it!I just have Bilstein Sports and BavAuto springs, E46 M3 convertible RSMs and reinforcements; and now the x-brace.

Besides the sways and strut bars, the only other things I can think of to improve my suspension are bushings and ball joints. I just don't know if I want to do any more than the sways and strut bars.

Why don't you install your x-brace?

aceyx
04-21-2005, 05:04 AM
it's probably still freezing in wisco.

cali-ti
04-21-2005, 05:08 AM
more important things to fix first: bearings on diff whining (literally just finished second hardnose topcoat of paint on the e30 3.73 LS diff that's going to be installed this weekend, if i don't have to work), 325/8 front brake upgrade (along with total refresh of hoses, rebuild of powdercoated calipers/carriers, new rotors/pads, ate gold fluid, speed bleeders, brass caliper bushings, all new parking brake parts), supersprint cat-back exhaust (easiest to remove exhaust to do diff anyway), and all new belts/pulleys/adjusters. whew ... gonna be a damn long weekend (even if i can't get it all done). x-brace will come a little later when i have time for more "fun" mods rather than replacing things that are failing.

that'll still leave my fuel smell (rusty as hell fuel couplings on the driver's side at the fuel tank) and the leaky driver's side rear window to fix. oh yeah ... and the rusting hatch ... missing driver's side mirror and dents from clipping a deer ... <sigh>

going to have my shop check/fix the fuel lines and weld in the turner rear sway bar reinforcements soon (and bleed the clutch because i just don't want to deal with it at this point).