PDA

View Full Version : Giving my two cents about yokohama

losichu
04-22-2005, 08:14 PM
I just purchased a set of Yokohama AVS db s2 from the tire rack to go on the stock wheels (205/60/15) and I recommend them to anyone. I can take corners so much faster and they ride very smooth. For 68 dollars a tire I can't say enough about these things, they are pretty damn sticky and predictable when they break loose, even though that is still alot of fun to do. Just giving a heads up to whoever likes good tires, these definitely do the job.

bmwpwr
04-22-2005, 08:30 PM
I agree. I recently put those on my ti. They are a very good tire. I found the tread to be a little to tall and flexed a lot but they got even better as they wore down.

madfronter
04-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Im a big fan of Kumho ecsta supra tires. Theay are about $80 a piece. Damn good tires. Thats a great price for the yokohamas. I might have to give them a try.

aceyx
04-22-2005, 10:57 PM
the yokohamas were one of the tires i was considering, but went with the kumhos based on a personal recommendation from a friend.

the ecsta 712s wore down pretty quickly, so i moved to the asx. not as sticky, but still very compatible with my driving style, and pretty smooth even in a 225 width. takes a little while for them to break in, but definitely no complaints once they did (about $75 per wheel).

getting new shoes for your car is always nice. what rubber were you running before the yokos?

moku
04-22-2005, 11:40 PM
I used to have a set of Yokohama AVS ES100s. I really like them because of their traction in both wet and dry conditions. I currently have Toyo Proxes T1-S tires, but may go back to the AVS ES100s because they have similar performance, but at a lower cost than the Proxes. AVS ES100s: $112/tire vs. Proxes T1-S: $160/tire.

jflip2002
06-04-2005, 03:06 AM
Where did you get Yokohamas for $68 a tire? I just got a nice deal about a month ago on a set of Dunlop Sp Sport FM 901's. Those arent too bad either, and the designs cool lol