PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Nightmare!!!

prd318ownr
04-23-2005, 12:19 PM
My ignition is stuck..
my key wont turn the car off, so i had to loosen up the cap that allows you to reset your cars oil change timer and that turned the car off!!!..

Any ideas on how to take the ignition out, maybe MAKE IT SO IT WILL ATLEAST TURN OFF WHEN I NEED IT TO..

kEEP IN MIND I HAVE A PUSH START IGNITION THAT IS ROUTED BY THE TRACTION CONTROL. BUT IT REQUIRES MY KEY TO BE IN AND TURNED BEFORE I CAN PUSH THE START BUTTON..

prd318ownr
04-23-2005, 02:28 PM
okay, so i started the car to keep the battery goin but i think i might need to order a new ignition.. perhaps i can research that and get back at you guys...

prd318ownr
04-25-2005, 11:30 AM
check new thread about immobilizer.... !!!!! just posted it at 3:30 25 apr 05

MEDIA PUSHER"
04-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Right after I bought my ti I was driving to meet my girl for her graduation, put er in park, went to turn off the car but the key just slid right out, keeping the car locked in the on position and running, had to unhook the battery to turn her off, and order a new ignition switch, keyed to match my original, took a couple days and cost $500, I quoted a couple of people, all said it wasn't common but heard of... most likely cause, they said, was years of driving with a heavy key chain ...