PDA

View Full Version : cams with boost...

m44ic
04-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Ive been reading that high profile cams with boost isnt good, and that stock cams are better for boost. So my question is if I got schrick cams and then the DASC would it be bad or would it make the car faster? I guess the only way to find out is to go s/c then do cams. cause Ive talked with people who got the schrick cams and they said it made the car pull much harder.

AlaskaBlue
04-23-2005, 11:02 PM
I have wondered the same question. I heard the cams free up some nice power up top and it pulls real hard up to 7k and could probally keep going.

ZeroG
04-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Ive been reading that high profile cams with boost isnt good, and that stock cams are better for boost. So my question is if I got schrick cams and then the DASC would it be bad or would it make the car faster? I guess the only way to find out is to go s/c then do cams. cause Ive talked with people who got the schrick cams and they said it made the car pull much harder.

I run 272 x 10.5 with my DASC. Car willl pull hard above 8K if you let it. I think it made a big difference with top end power. Most cars start to level off power and then fall off after 4K or so. My car gets stronger.

-Chad