PDA

View Full Version : remote locking - or lack of

biglunchbox
04-25-2005, 02:05 PM
As of yesterday am now a 1999 318ti sport owner and must say am enjoying my first BMW experience immensely!
I went direct and bought the car from an auction, which saved me quite a few $$ but comes with two minor gremlins, which may or may not be related. I am not auto-inclined so please excuse this if it seems a bit basic.
1. Keyless entry - sometimes works, sometimes doesnt. Sometimes I have to get within half a metre before it opens. Other times I have to stand right next to the car (looks like Im trying to steal the thing!) and after 10 secs it opens. I thought it might just be the key batteries - wishful thinking - no change.
Is this something I can fix with a bit of manual reading or do I need to line my mechanic's wallet? Please point me in the right direction.
2. Possibly related to the first. When I unlock the drivers door (either remotely or manually) the drivers door and the boot (trunk) unlock but the passenger door does not - which means I have to open it from the inside for my toe-tapping wife outside. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks

bayleys
05-07-2005, 04:17 AM
I have this problem too. Sometimes end up using the key like a key (heaven forbid)! Can one of you techie types here please answer this question. I would really appreciate it too.

Cheers