PDA

View Full Version : Sightings in california

Donuts4unotme
04-28-2005, 03:23 AM
Thought I would make a more specific sighting area to check up on since I just got a TI and saw one today.

about 8:00am heading west on San Marcos Blvd, in San Marcos. It was a silver 318ti, it passed by quick in front of me so dont know too much else.

moku
04-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Well, California's a big state and I'm about 9 hours north of you in the SF Bay Area, but if you're ever up around this way, holler or honk.

AutoM3otives
04-28-2005, 09:05 PM
yea i think theres a ton of Ti's in california, especially many Sport models that haven't been counted for on this board.

In irvine, I also see this girl driving a silver sport. cute stuff.

moku
04-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I've seen quite a few TIs on the road up here, but most of them are stock. I've probably only seen a handful of modified TIs.

MEDIA PUSHER"
04-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Thought I would make a more specific sighting area to check up on since I just got a TI and saw one today.

about 8:00am heading west on San Marcos Blvd, in San Marcos. It was a silver 318ti, it passed by quick in front of me so dont know too much else.

I see a good # of tis' around here, I work right off Palomar Airport Way which is what San Marcos Blvd. W. turns into. I saw my first Ti at the mobil station by the freeway there years ago and fell in love, I still remember it was a silver one w/ M body. If you ever see an incredibly stock green one racing by more likely than not its me :) It's kind of nice to know there are fellow Ti.org-ers in the area.

ZeroG
04-28-2005, 09:21 PM
I see a good # of tis' around here, I work right off Palomar Airport Way which is what San Marcos Blvd. W. turns into. I saw my first Ti at the mobil station by the freeway there years ago and fell in love, I still remember it was a silver one w/ M body. If you ever see an incredibly stock green one racing by more likely than not its me :) It's kind of nice to know there are fellow Ti.org-ers in the area.
So where were all you guys when Bimmerfest was going on last weekend. I swear there was only like three of us the the event to represent.

-Chad

MEDIA PUSHER"
04-28-2005, 09:33 PM
So where were all you guys when Bimmerfest was going on last weekend. I swear there was only like three of us the the event to represent.

Yeah, I'm bummed I missed it, had a 'previous engagment' Next time around though, definetly want to meet some of the crew and rep for the org.

Mendi3
04-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Yeah, no kidding. The only one I was able to talk to was ZeroG.

I know Moku is pretty close to me. I am about 60 miles South West of San Francisco.

moku
04-28-2005, 10:47 PM

-ChadI wanted to go, but already had family commitments. Definitely going to try to make it next time!

lkwd318ti
04-28-2005, 11:49 PM

-Chad

Yeah i was there too!!!
Sorry i didn't get to talk to you mendi3. but you saw me haha.
Bimmerfest = fun stuff.

I see a handful of 318tis too. I know of 4 different ones at CSULB. So if you're on here...tell mE! haha
c-ya on the road
-Randy

Mendi3
04-29-2005, 12:15 AM
Yeah i was there too!!!
Sorry i didn't get to talk to you mendi3. but you saw me haha.
Bimmerfest = fun stuff.

I see a handful of 318tis too. I know of 4 different ones at CSULB. So if you're on here...tell mE! haha
c-ya on the road
-Randy

Your right I saw you and you heard me as well...

Mendi3
04-29-2005, 12:21 AM
I wanted to go, but already had family commitments. Definitely going to try to make it next time!

That would be cool Moku.

We can meet up and caravan down there. I think for the next one we all should meet somewhere prior to the fest so when the doors open we all can go together and park our cars next to each other.

A big group of the E30s went to Starbucks and then drove to the fest location so they got in they were together. Just a suggestion.

ZeroG
04-29-2005, 03:14 AM
That would be cool Moku.

We can meet up and caravan down there. I think for the next one we all should meet somewhere prior to the fest so when the doors open we all can go together and park our cars next to each other.

A big group of the E30s went to Starbucks and then drove to the fest location so they got in they were together. Just a suggestion.

We'll make it happen.

-Chad

DeadpaN
04-29-2005, 05:13 AM
heh, after buying my black ti, i began to notice a black one in my neighborhood. the girl who owns it stopped by while i was vacuuming mine in the driveway one day....it was kind of a dorky moment. kinda tarded out... :blink:

DaNO
04-30-2005, 07:30 PM
I see a silver Ti as well as a green Ti in san marcos very often. I live off Woodland parkway and i always see them on el norte. anywho, peace

P.S. I wanna see how i do against another ti. someone race me, later

ZeroG
05-01-2005, 12:00 AM
I see a silver Ti as well as a green Ti in san marcos very often. I live off Woodland parkway and i always see them on el norte. anywho, peace

P.S. I wanna see how i do against another ti. someone race me, later

I live in LA, but I am sure that we can get together. I got something for ya!

-Chad

MEDIA PUSHER"
05-06-2005, 06:25 PM
There was a white ti following me from the coast on Oceanside Blvd. this morning with a LongBeach Alumni plate frame and a volcom stone, anyone?

MEDIA PUSHER"
05-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Donuts4unotme & ZeroG, and anyone else in the area, do you know or rather would you recomend any local places to get work done on your cars, most places won't touch a bmw, I'm not allowed to work in my driveway/neighborhood (yes, I'll get fined), no way I'm going to the local dealership, they've caused me enough pain already and if you can get an answer for anything out of them its, buy a new one, and the only reputable place i know won't install customer supplied parts, I'm running out of options.

ZeroG
05-06-2005, 07:04 PM
Donuts4unotme & ZeroG, and anyone else in the area, do you know or rather would you recomend any local places to get work done on your cars, most places won't touch a bmw, I'm not allowed to work in my driveway/neighborhood (yes, I'll get fined), no way I'm going to the local dealership, they've caused me enough pain already and if you can get an answer for anything out of them its, buy a new one, and the only reputable place i know won't install customer supplied parts, I'm running out of options.

Where exactly in South Cali are you? That will give me a better idea of places to send you.

-Chad

Steve,

I was thinking that it would be a good idea if you give us like a reginal lounge. (ie. California) That locals can comunicate with each other on a regualr basis.

-Chad

MEDIA PUSHER"
05-06-2005, 07:09 PM
92009, (sort of south carlsbad, north encinitas, west san marcos), on the coast about 30-35 miles north of downtown sandiego, the poinsettia exit off I-5. Ever been to lego land?

ZeroG
05-06-2005, 07:15 PM
92009, (sort of south carlsbad, north encinitas, west san marcos), on the coast about 30-35 miles north of downtown sandiego, the poinsettia exit off I-5. Ever been to lego land?

You are hella far from me. I live about 30 miles north of Downtown LA. I don't really know of a a place in SD. Try going to www.bimmerforums.com and posting the same question in the California regional forum. I am sure that someone will chime in.

-Chad

P.S. Never been to Lego Land. We might be able to hook something up!!!

1996 328ti
05-06-2005, 07:16 PM
I was thinking that it would be a good idea if you give us like a reginal lounge. (ie. California) That locals can comunicate with each other on a regualr basis.

-Chad
A new section Regional Section with subforums or simply use Sightings and have subforums?

ZeroG
05-06-2005, 07:17 PM
A new section Regional Section with subforums or simply use Sightings and have subforums?
It's your choice Steve, either will work. I was just thinking of a place for locals of different areas to chat and schedule events and so on.

-Chad

MEDIA PUSHER"
05-06-2005, 08:39 PM
no chimes yet, that place is a zoo

my girlfriend is an LA native so we make it up there probably 2-3 times a month or more to visit friends, party, chill, shop, ect. So we can definetly make something happen some time.

I live right next to legoland and I still have never been.

ZeroG
05-06-2005, 10:21 PM
no chimes yet, that place is a zoo

my girlfriend is an LA native so we make it up there probably 2-3 times a month or more to visit friends, party, chill, shop, ect. So we can definetly make something happen some time.

I live right next to legoland and I still have never been.

Check again you got a few responses now.

Legoland huh! Maybe we can go and build a TI sometime.

-Chad

MEDIA PUSHER"
05-06-2005, 10:35 PM
thanks again,
damn I love the bmw community
I have the world at my finger tips everyday
and I've yet to find a better place to spend my time

Donuts4unotme
05-09-2005, 07:00 AM
I think I might of saw a white/silver 318ti at the coachela music festival on saturday moring at about 3:00am, with I think 2 girls driving

ZeroG
05-09-2005, 07:08 AM
I think I might of saw a white/silver 318ti at the coachela music festival on saturday moring at about 3:00am, with I think 2 girls driving
It is nice to know that we are in full force even out there.

-Chad

96ti
05-10-2005, 02:34 AM
I'm in LA area and the OC. I have spoted a bunch of Tis in southern CA; some could be in this forum

DaNO
05-10-2005, 03:21 AM
I just saw a white ti in the shadowridge are, just seeing if it was anyone here..?/

MEDIA PUSHER"
05-10-2005, 05:03 AM
Media Pusher, i live off sycamore in vista, maybe ill seee you around some time. late
yeah, I have a good friend that lives off mar vista, so I get out that way everyonce in a while

Donuts4unotme
05-10-2005, 07:14 AM
I live off of Sycamore also, about two lights past the stater brothers, Ill have to keep an eye out more carefully for you.
while leaving my high school I saw a black 318ti on san marcos blvd on 5/9/05 at about 5:00pm so I followed him for a while until I had to turn on via vera cruz but I honked and looked back really quick before I did, I dont know if he noticed anything.
was this anyone on here.

ps: We really need those 318ti.org window stickers.

ZeroG
05-10-2005, 03:45 PM
I live off of Sycamore also, about two lights past the stater brothers, Ill have to keep an eye out more carefully for you.
while leaving my high school I saw a black 318ti on san marcos blvd on 5/9/05 at about 5:00pm so I followed him for a while until I had to turn on via vera cruz but I honked and looked back really quick before I did, I dont know if he noticed anything.
was this anyone on here.

ps: We really need those 318ti.org window stickers.

Keep your eyes open in the next week or so I have a feelin' that you might see some instructions on how to get them in the near future.

-Chad

MEDIA PUSHER"
05-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Keep your eyes open in the next week or so I have a feelin' that you might see some instructions on how to get them in the near future.

-Chad

sweet

bwjulson
05-11-2005, 01:34 AM
I live in Carlsbad and I know of at least 6 others besides my own white '96. I see them frequently on coast highway on weekends in the vicinity of Tamarack Beach and the village area.
I've seen mostly silver or blue and occasionally a red one.
I've only seen one other Alpine white one in my immediate neighborhood, and one black one. There's a really NICE black one in Encinitas with the cloth California soft top!

Donuts4unotme
05-14-2005, 06:14 AM
Hey DaNO, do you live off of sycamore or off of woodland parkway?
just checking so I can keep an eye out when im in the area.
p.s: If you ever go to the Best Buy in San Marcos I work there you might see my white TI there.

socal318ti
05-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Hey! Anyone around the I-56 area? Thats were I reside. I've only ever seen two other ti's in the area. One a green one and the other one was a pretty beat up red one.

DaNO
05-14-2005, 07:11 PM
well i used to live off woodland pkwy, i just moved off of sycamore.

Donuts4unotme
05-15-2005, 08:25 AM
yet again, spotted another TI but always different they are:
was a dark blue ti around 2:15pm with a navy sticker on the back window. honked twice but he didnt seem to notice or something probably thought i was following him, (on my way to work). yet to find someone that is on this site, need those damn stickers. :) hopefully soon.

ZeroG
05-15-2005, 04:59 PM
Thje Stickers are in and the supporting members have already recieved information on how to obtain them. Next week there should be information regarding non-supporting members. If you are a supporting member, please check the sponsors lounge for more information.

You can also check out my gallery for pictures.

-Chad

DaNO
05-22-2005, 07:57 AM
i saw a white ti on saturday near the shadowridge area, just seeing if ti was anyone here??

Donuts4unotme
05-22-2005, 09:50 AM
That would be me mostl likely, I have a white ti, and I live off of sycamore. Finally someone spots someone else thats on this site. :) yeah...kinda..

amd2132
05-26-2005, 12:28 AM
I own a 98' Black ti with angel eye headlights smoked corners m package and a euro plate on the front. I live in Ocean Beach CA i have seen a silver ti park at the end of Newport Street a few times ... also see a black ti going to work on the southbound 5 every so often. anyone? :caffine:

MEDIA PUSHER"
06-07-2005, 03:30 PM
I was on the coast in Encinitas last night and saw some kid driving around in a white ti with a loud ass coffee can muffler. I saw him drive by and could here it for blocks, later on I saw 3 kids standing around it on the side of the road, I walked by to check it, big blingy rims, chrome angels, brows, blue LEDs in the grill, possibly more under the hatch, maybe it was an amp. Anyone here? Not exactly my style, maybe it impresses the younger crowd, but damn, I thought I was the younger crowd.

motorwerk
06-07-2005, 04:06 PM
I was on the coast in Encinitas last night and saw some kid driving around in a white ti with a loud ass coffee can muffler. I saw him drive by and could here it for blocks, later on I saw 3 kids standing around it on the side of the road, I walked by to check it, big blingy rims, chrome angels, brows, blue LEDs in the grill, possibly more under the hatch, maybe it was an amp. Anyone here? Not exactly my style, maybe it impresses the younger crowd, but damn, I thought I was the younger crowd.
Haha! Media Pusher...that's pure comedy!!! motorwerk

amd2132
06-07-2005, 05:17 PM
that poor ti!

MEDIA PUSHER"
06-07-2005, 05:32 PM
the poor kid too, you could just tell he thought it was hot sh!t, pushing 18-19" 30 lb. chrome through the suburbs, lit up like a christmas tree, exhaust peaked at that nauseating drone. I just wish i was driving at the time, it would have put things in perspective being beaten by the same car in stock form

Mothman
06-20-2005, 05:49 PM
That was me, I was in the Shadowridge area 5-21-05. I am currently at Palomar JC, I saw another BMW 318ti that was missing a grill and had a other damage parts, I gave him the bavo auto website and number with a few other sites to check out including this one to fix his/her car. He/she left a note saying thanks gave me thier e-mail. If you see a White ti flying around the San Marcos area or on the 15 that is me.

Outie!
Mothman

jflip2002
06-20-2005, 06:08 PM
There's one other TI here in fresno... Its all ghetto with purplish tint, and cheap chrome wheels. Definitely not clean looking

Donuts4unotme
07-08-2005, 08:24 AM
I got a white TI too, and I go to palomar, Ill keep and eye out.

lkwd318ti
08-22-2005, 08:28 PM
I was on the 91Eastbound yesterday (8-21-05) at around 2:30PM.
I spotted a black 318ti with clears all around and an AC Schitzer Badge on the back left.
It also had 18 inch rims (I think)
I was next to you until I exited on Beach Blvd.
Hope you're on here.

-Randy

96 3 1 8 ti
10-09-2005, 04:28 AM
someone find me im all over south orange county area

SillyRichard
10-20-2005, 05:13 AM
i only saw 1 other ti in my whole life.

jflip2002
10-30-2005, 05:15 PM
I was on the 101 North headed home from San Luis Obispo yesterday, I saw someone in a silver TI. Im assuming he put the M3 front end on himself, being that the rear looked like a base package, and it didnt have the M badge. IT was all bone stock besides that though. He thought he was the ****, lol. I Coulda swore he was a homo if the girl in the passenger seat wasnt so sexy lol. Is it anyone here?

jflip2002
10-31-2005, 05:02 AM
Not sooner than I posted the last post, I saw some old dude in his 40s on the 101 South this time. It was a base silver TI. He tried semi-racing me, he was coming up real quick, til we got up to about 98 or so, then he backed off, realizing he wasnt going to pass lol. Then i cruised at about 65 or so, and he kept a considerable distance away. Something about silver TIs on the Central Coast?

evalha007
10-31-2005, 06:19 AM
I wonder again how many Ti's were brought to the states....the way everyone talks, it seems they are pretty rare...

I live in Roanoke, VA which has around 250,000 people...and is pretty isolated. I have seen 5 ti's other than mine since early August (silver, blue, red, white, white; I don't believe any of them were sports)...and that is just on my side of town ...one of them belongs to someone who works in the same building as I do...and it is silver, like mine, and was the inspiration for me to buy mine.

I have also seen two regular 318s, which I bet are even more rare than the ti's.