PDA

View Full Version : lookinf for a nice bemma

camelpromo
04-28-2005, 07:37 AM
hi, my name is joshua.

i am looking for a resonably cheap bmw 3**ti. mt grandparents have always owned bmw's so i know that age is no matter. i am looking preferable at teh 318ti as as far as i can tell it is the largest4-cylinder in the compact. if anyone knows of any going cheap, even is there is a bit of panel damage, i would be very interested.

cheers,
joshua

m44ic
04-28-2005, 03:00 PM
hi, my name is joshua.

i am looking for a resonably cheap bmw 3**ti. mt grandparents have always owned bmw's so i know that age is no matter. i am looking preferable at teh 318ti as as far as i can tell it is the largest4-cylinder in the compact. if anyone knows of any going cheap, even is there is a bit of panel damage, i would be very interested.

cheers,
joshua

I was fortunate enough that my dad's friend buys european cars in auctions in the west and brings them back here to Wisconsin, so when I got my car it was absolutally spotless, one owner out of LA that babied it. good luck on the search. :)

city
04-28-2005, 03:07 PM
A member here was just selling a mag featured supercharged 318ti for wayyyyy cheap, I think the auction is over, but try searching it and talking to the member.

96cali
04-28-2005, 04:31 PM
I suspect Joshua is in Britain or Europe somewhere- yes?

97Hellrot318ti
04-28-2005, 05:52 PM
I suspect Joshua is in Britain or Europe somewhere- yes?

From the cheers?

GDB
04-28-2005, 09:49 PM
From the cheers?

That and the reference to different engine sizes.

If you are in Europe the the 96+ 318s had the largest 4 cyl. (1.9, compared to the 1.8 in the 95ti). Ya'll also had a 6 cyl. option in the ti.

camelpromo
04-28-2005, 10:12 PM
actually i am from australia. from what i can tell the options i have are the 316ti (1.6 4-cyl motor) and the 318ti (1.8 4-cyl, or 1.9 4-cyl in newer models) and i think recently there have been a few 325ti (2.5 6-cyl).

i am looking for a 4-cyl, due to expensive petrol costs.

on another topic, does supercharging, turbocharging, or twin-turbocharging give better petrol economy? is aus now petrol costs are $1.10 a litre, so economy is VERY important.

cheers guys,
josh

(P.S. 'cheers' is an aussie term.... maybe i should say g'day :p)

97Hellrot318ti
04-30-2005, 03:55 AM
(P.S. 'cheers' is an aussie term.... maybe i should say g'day :p)

Really? I was under the impression that it was widely used in the UK as well.

But then again, that wouldn't be the first misrepresentation of Australia stateside... look at Fosters, haha. Eh, they don't tell you that it's actually Canadian for beer.

cali-ti
04-30-2005, 03:58 PM
i think he meant to say "isn't" (from his follow on statement about using "g'day"). any beer that claims to be the best selling beer in another country, i tend to stay away from. after all, what would be the best selling beer in america? would you want to drink that? :p

camelpromo, there is at least one other member on here from australia, i think it's dodj. perhaps he can help you (not sure where in australia he is compared to you though).

camelpromo
05-01-2005, 12:07 AM
*sways away from the topic a bit*

american beer is like sex on a canoe....f*****g close t water :D:D

97Hellrot318ti
05-01-2005, 12:48 AM
*sways away from the topic a bit*

american beer is like sex on a canoe....f*****g close t water :D:D

Hey hey... I'm the first to agree that MOST American beer is piss... but not ALL of it. Good quote though.

camelpromo
05-01-2005, 11:19 PM
yeah i got it from monty python...gotta love them.

anyway,
can someone tell me what to look out when i am buying? i.e. rubber, elec windows, p/steering etc.

also what is the best way to get power? i was thinking of boreing a 1.9 to maybe a 2.2, then a twin turbo. would taht work?

please advise.

cheers (aussie cheers, not friggin canadian with your watered down beer..)

josh

P.S. gotta love my crap humour

durnadupa
05-02-2005, 12:06 AM
Look out for the window regulators, the door lock actuators, the door panels falling off, roof sagging...
Come to think of it the 318ti has alot of problems but it is such a loveable car... I fell in love with it the first day i was driven in it like 6 years ago...
I am gonna go because i drank too much at my cousins communion party.

camelpromo
05-02-2005, 12:24 AM
what about the boreing and turbo idea?

cali-ti
05-02-2005, 02:02 AM
when buying? rear shock mounts, ball joints ... i've owned mine since 300 miles (now with 207k) and the only things i've really had go wrong are the things i listed. mirror and window regulator i attribute to the deer that i clipped. way better than previous cars i've owned. certainly look for any leaks (engine, rubber seals), interior maladies, wear ... that might reduce the price, but these cars are generally very reliable. i'm spending thousands to bring it back to "like new" (should actually perform better when i'm done) so that should tell you something. if you LIKE the car and the way it drives/works, get it.

kwb150
05-13-2005, 03:56 AM
....geeez, I'm not sure what to say! When this Canadian goes for a brewski he(I) says

'..."I'm here for a pilski or two-ski", which is nothing more than a reference to the great beer called "Pilsener" available only on the prairie.

http://www.molson.com/brands/molsoncanada/molsonbrands.php#5

k

s'toon (Short for Saskatoon)