PDA

View Full Version : The new site design is distracting

gadgetphreak
05-01-2005, 03:29 AM
Sorry Steve...

The new site design is really bad on several levels... The color red is too overpowering and visually too loud, makes it hard to focus on the rest of the site. Softer, less powerful color tones (grays, greens, blues) are far easier on the eyes.

Also, the icons indicating when you have new posts are really hard to make out compared to the others. Too many pics of your car... Its a nice car but really not user friendly when trying to see where the changes are.

Cheers,
Gadget

1996 328ti
05-01-2005, 03:36 AM
Sorry Steve...

The new site design is really bad on several levels... The color red is too overpowering and visually too loud, makes it hard to focus on the rest of the site. Softer, less powerful color tones (grays, greens, blues) are far easier on the eyes.

Also, the icons indicating when you have new posts are really hard to make out compared to the others. Too many pics of your car... Its a nice car but really not user friendly when trying to see where the changes are.

Cheers,
GadgetI guess it really depends on your monitor. The colors are the actual hex equivalents to the Motorsport Pantone colors.
I would like to have a simpler car graphic but that was the best I could do.
I agree, it is too much. I don't even own that car anymore. Any graphic artists out there?

You can change the style in your user control panel to default or use the style changer on the bottom left of the page.

gadgetphreak
05-01-2005, 03:49 AM
Yeah I just saw that in this post: http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5229 was very relieved to get it changed back to default...

Thanks,
Gadget

CirrusSR22
05-02-2005, 09:21 PM
It looks fine to me.

But... is there anyway to tell if there are new posts in a forum/section without opening it up??

schussey
05-02-2005, 09:53 PM
It looks fine to me.

But... is there anyway to tell if there are new posts in a forum/section without opening it up??

top of page, says "New Posts." Will do a quick search for every new post

-chris

Tyler
05-02-2005, 11:18 PM
The colors are only red before you sign in. After that it goes back to normal. I think it's fine,doesn't bother me at all

pdxmotorhead
05-03-2005, 01:14 AM
HMM, I see red trim after signing in... IE for a browser or Mozilla both do it...

Dave

L84THSKY
05-03-2005, 02:25 AM
Why is your car shown in every section??????

I guess it really depends on your monitor. The colors are the actual hex equivalents to the Motorsport Pantone colors.
I would like to have a simpler car graphic but that was the best I could do.
I agree, it is too much. I don't even own that car anymore. Any graphic artists out there?

You can change the style in your user control panel to default or use the style changer on the bottom left of the page.

1996 328ti
05-03-2005, 03:17 AM
Why is your car shown in every section??????I didn't know what else to use. I wanted something animiated for new posts.

HMM, I see red trim after signing in... IE for a browser or Mozilla both do it...
You can select the style from the bottom left.

OK, OK. I'll go back to the boring default style.