PDA

View Full Version : Wiring harness in center console? WTF?

inlacal
05-05-2005, 05:50 AM
During the install of my new center armrest, I discovered a wire harness that terminated near the emergency brake. It had (from memory) about five wires ending in a plug. What is this plug for? Does anyone know?

Chris

John Firestone
05-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Probably the prewiring for a mobile phone. I could say for sure if you can tell me more about the plug and which colored wires are wired to what pins.

L84THSKY
05-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Been there ....asked that.

Take a look at the first message to the thread I posted. I was wondering the same thing. There is a picture showing the connector you are referring to.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3671&page=4&pp=10

It turns out to be for the cell phone option.

During the install of my new center armrest, I discovered a wire harness that terminated near the emergency brake. It had (from memory) about five wires ending in a plug. What is this plug for? Does anyone know?

Chris

John Firestone
05-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Do you have link handy? There are supposedly 99 different threads started by L84THSKY and I am too lazy to search through them all. Hence my asking if you have something handy. :)

The above link is to a cupholder. :?

P.S. OK, I found the picture. Your use of past tense threw me off.

L84THSKY
05-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Click on this link.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3671&page=4&pp=10

That thread is about how I installed the armrest.

Do you have link handy? There are supposedly 99 different threads started by L84THSKY and I am too lazy to search through them all. Hence my asking if you have something handy. :)

The above link is to a cupholder. :?

P.S. OK, I found it your picture. Your use of past tense threw me off.

John Firestone
05-05-2005, 06:36 PM
It looks to me like that thread and the other thread are one and the same.

I did find your picture, however, by: clicking either link, jumping to the thread's first post and then clicking the fifth link (following "mystery connector").

It looks like the the mobile phone connector.

Thanks!