PDA

View Full Version : HELP-Question for everyone

AZIM
05-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi all,
I need to buy some rear springs for my 95/ti sport. Are the 95/ti "active" rear springs compatable with the 95/ti "sport". I would really like some help with this, thanks.

ZeroG
05-05-2005, 04:00 PM
Hi all,
I need to buy some rear springs for my 95/ti sport. Are the 95/ti "active" rear springs compatable with the 95/ti "sport". I would really like some help with this, thanks.

The "TI" us the same multi-link suspension design as the E30 cars did. All the "TI" spring are interchangeable meaning that they will fit. I don't know why you would want to put active springs on the rear while having sport springs on the front, it make for an interesting combo.

I think the spring rate on the Active springs is different then the spring rate on the sport springs. Hope that helped.

-Chad

AZIM
05-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Well, i'm not getting the same response from the BMW dealers here. They're saying that the springs are not compatable, that the 95/318ti sport is lower and stiffer while the 95/318ti active is taller and more loose. I'm just comfused at this point! The passenger rear spring on my "95/ti sport" is broken at the top. i want to replace both. What do you think will be the difference or will there be any problems replacing them with "95/ti active" springs?

CirrusSR22
05-05-2005, 05:19 PM
The active (or base model) springs will technically fit, but you wouldn't want active spring in the back, while you have sport springs up front. The sport springs sit about .6" lower than the active/base springs.

IMO, you want FOUR active/base springs, or FOUR sport springs. No mix'n'match.

AZIM
05-05-2005, 05:32 PM
OK,..Thanks so much for the help, much appreciated.