PDA

View Full Version : spring reminder -- useful info for everybody.

aceyx
05-07-2005, 10:03 PM
just a friendly reminder,

if spring has made its way to your area, it's a good idea to check your tire pressures. mine were 4+/- over where i usually set them, due to the huge changes in weather (two days ago at night it was below freezing, and today it's 80--gotta love indiana).

i noticed earlier in the week that the tires felt greasy, but i had finals and couldn't really look into it. mine are pumped with nitrogen (less susceptible to temp changes) so i imagine it's worse for the air-only folk.

aceyx
05-07-2005, 10:10 PM
oh yeah. check the pressure on the donut too.

gooten1
05-09-2005, 02:04 AM
It was about 50ish when I went to work this morning (4 a.m.) and was about 85 when I left (3 p.m.). I had the AC on full blast, since my black car had been baking in the sun for 10 hours while I was working. (Well, it was only light for about 7 of those, but still...) Check your radiator fluid, high temperatures are bad. I'm planning to check mine, and am going to check on coolant for the AC as well. It felt a little weak.

(I know my spare tire is really low...just haven't gotten around to dropping it down to pump it back up.)

aceyx
05-09-2005, 02:47 AM
when you open up the hatch to access the spare, there is a little red flap to the left of the retaining nut. pull that off, and you can access the valve for the spare. most hose reels will fit, so no need to drop it down.

thark5
05-23-2005, 09:21 PM
I dropped the spare this past week to take a look at it and found it's got dry rot - little cracks are appearing on the rubber close to the wheel rim. What can we do for a replacement? I've had no luck finding one in the local salvage yards. Anyone know a manufacturer who makes 125/90 R15 tires?

Tyler
05-23-2005, 09:27 PM
I took mine out,thats what AAA is for.