PDA

View Full Version : This is exactly what i need, but is it worth buying?

JPerfect
05-11-2005, 04:10 AM
New Jersey is not a good place to have a car... since the potholes are like swimming pools in the roads...

Upon feeling very shaky sensations coming from my front end, I brought my car to a local shop, and after they checked my car, they stated my suspension was falling apart. They suggested I get New Control Arms, bushings, tie rods, and other junk too. I know for a fact I need the left control arm and brand new bushings on both sides, and i figure, i might as well change the other control arm as well. The shop told me $500 to fix it. I am getting a second opinion on thursday.

(referring to the link below) That's an amazing price, but is it worth it? Full Metal Ball Joint and Full Bushings... though i think i'd rather have hard rubber than polyeurothane, they don't specify... :_paper:

what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33583&item=7973921434&rd=1

1996 328ti
05-11-2005, 04:24 AM
I would not go with polyurethane for the street. I would look into M3 solid LCA bushings though if you are replacing everything.

BTW- I used to live in Montclair and Little Falls.

JPerfect
05-11-2005, 04:42 AM
Yeah, i live in wallington, right by Giants Stadium actually, about 5-8 miles from Montclair.

I want them to be hard rubber, but as i said, i just left the question, so i'll know tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed, or cares, but there are supposedly 10 available.

cali-ti
05-11-2005, 04:47 AM
try to get ahold of them to find out what type of bushings they include in the kit. bavauto sells the control arms with ball joints for like $90 each so the price is good.

mischief
05-11-2005, 05:04 AM
i replaced my lower control arm with oem 95 m3 ball joints $110 each
replaced bushings with off-set delrin from tunermotorsport.com $100
oem tie-rods $60
and bushing housing $30 each

and i did all the work my self .
was not hard at all

so $200 is a good buy

JPerfect
05-11-2005, 05:16 AM
That's good to hear, I'm sure with some guidance I can figure out how to install the parts. I am going to wait a day or two before I make my final decision here, I asked the seller a few questions.

Thanks all for your help, I'll keep you posted.

Jeff

Edit:
one question, what is the difference between regular bushings and the offset ones? I've seen photos of the different types but i cant figure out what the overall effect would be.

mischief
05-11-2005, 05:58 AM
off set changes your caster and camber giving you ride a better handling