PDA

View Full Version : Videos of my 318ti!

AlaskaBlue
05-13-2005, 04:49 AM
I have taken a few videos of my 318ti. I though some people here might find them interesting. One is of my accelerating hard and shows the MPH and Tachometer. I thought this might interest some people because it shows how quickly the revs go up with a lightweight flywheel. The other one is of me beating my friends mustang. It is a mid to high 14 second car w/o nitrous. It ran a 13.9 with nitrous.

Flywheel: http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=57E1A50A-E6DC-431E-9B4C-E0259519B4A6

318ti Vs. Mustang http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=D784D9AE-B4BC-4580-BF29-161994D8D4FD

Viper3812
05-13-2005, 05:00 AM
I can't see the video, only audio. Sounds nice.

AlaskaBlue
05-13-2005, 05:02 AM
Thanks. I don't know why the visual woudn't work. I have tried the links on my computer and it works alright. They both play in media player.

mickd
05-13-2005, 05:18 AM
The sound and video worked for me. Your car revs really fast, and well into the red zone. What other mods do you have besides the flywheel? The exhaust system sounds great too, what brand? That was a great run with the Mustang, is it a 6?

JPerfect
05-13-2005, 05:32 AM
Yep, that looks like a 6 cyl mustang. I've ripped them before on the highway, they are slow. The new 6 cyl mustangs however can top me "light to bridge" as we call it.

my car's basically bone stock.

I agree, nice revs, and great shifting man.

AlaskaBlue
05-13-2005, 10:04 PM
The sound and video worked for me. Your car revs really fast, and well into the red zone. What other mods do you have besides the flywheel? The exhaust system sounds great too, what brand? That was a great run with the Mustang, is it a 6?

Yep it is a six that can run 13.9s I don't know why the guy didn't just get a gt. My car just has a dinan chip, lighterweight BBS RA wheels, a fogged airbox with a K&N filter, 9lb flywheel, and a sachs clutch. More mods to come soon. Suspension first then more engine stuff.

On a side not I raced a Mustang 5.0 five speed and we were basically dead even up to about 90. I had the take off. He started to catch me until he shifted and I got about a car ahead. At 90 we were about even, but then I tucked in behind because there was some traffic ahead.

AlaskaBlue
05-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Oh and the exhaust its a flow master 40 series :no: (give me a break guys I live in Indiana) soon to be without a catalytic converter.

cali-ti
05-13-2005, 10:41 PM
On a side not I raced a Mustang 5.0 five speed and we were basically dead even up to about 90. I had the take off. He started to catch me until he shifted and I got about a car ahead. At 90 we were about even, but then I tucked in behind because there was some traffic ahead.

how sad is that for the mustang? a 1.9L 4 cyl bmw staying even with a 5.0L v8 ... and that's a "pony" car? lame ... and good driving AlaskaBlue :)

AlaskaBlue
05-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Thanks :) . I am pumped for the summer. For my graduation present I am going to South Carolina to see the BMW plant where my mom's Z4 was made, and I am doing a two day BMW high performance driving course.

Watch out crappy domestic V-8s :2gun: I'll get you with all of my 1.8 liters :evil_lau:

Dredder
05-14-2005, 12:38 AM
I wouldnt recommend going to a straight pipe(no catalytic converter). There are no performance gain what so ever to be made. Most likely you will end up losing power because of excessive back pressure. In addition, dont get caught without them in your car. In my state of oregon penalties reach into the thousand. But they do sound throaty and loud. It makes our cars sound like it has a v8.

schussey
05-14-2005, 12:47 AM
I wouldnt recommend going to a straight pipe(no catalytic converter). There are no performance gain what so ever to be made. Most likely you will end up losing power because of excessive back pressure. In addition, dont get caught without them in your car. In my state of oregon penalties reach into the thousand. But they do sound throaty and loud. It makes our cars sound like it has a v8.

it makes our car sound like a V8? Eh, dunno about that man. I have a cat-delete, and it sounds like nothing close to a V8....

with aftermarket exhaust as well

-chris

AlaskaBlue
05-14-2005, 04:01 AM

I thought the staight through pipe would decrease backpressure becuase it doesn't have to run through the filter stuff. My friend has an S-10 with a real straight pipe. No muffler or anything. He says it sounds like a "sick V-8"