PDA

View Full Version : The M Club Autocross in Meadowlands NJ

JPerfect
05-13-2005, 06:23 AM
On Sunday I raced my ti active package for kicks. I have no mods done at all, besides interior restoration. To prepare for the event, I just took out my subwoofer box, my spare tire, the tools, the hatch cover, and grabbed my snowmobile helmet. There were a bunch of M3's there, E36+ but some didn't race. Being that my car's suspension needs work, including bushing/control arm replacement, I don't think I did half that bad. I have the website with all of the results, and they placed me in class GG. My car number was 303, and i was the only 318ti there. The celica under me was actually a GTS and it had all show and no go, from body kits to rims, and it looked pretty mean. I was convinced he would beat me, but i took it by about a tenth of a second. :2gun: Lol whatever works. This week, I'm replacing my control arms/ball joints, and in the next month I will be ordering blitstein shocks/springs for the front and back. I'll also get some strut bars and an X brace off of ebay. My friend had come with me and he said my car had major nose dive, he said he's surprised my bumper isn't all scratched because it looked like it was eating asphault.

If anyone lives in the area, feel free to pm me about this event. I really liked it, and more info can be reviewed at www.themclub.net :_paper:

my race times are here: (I'm the only 318ti, and i'm located in the "gg" class.)

http://www.themclub.net/2005/results/05082005.htm

nick_hegel
05-17-2005, 01:20 PM
The celica under me was actually a GTS and it had all show and no go, from body kits to rims, and it looked pretty mean. I was convinced he would beat me, but i took it by about a tenth of a second. :2gun: Lol whatever works. This week, I'm replacing my control arms/ball joints, and in the next month I will be ordering blitstein shocks/springs for the front and back. I'll also get some strut bars and an X brace off of ebay.
Hahahaha, stupid celica!!! Thats pretty kick ass to place that well compared to a newer Mini and a friggin Miata. Especially with suspension problems! I've replaced all the exact same parts you are planning on doing. It will make quite a diff!!

JPerfect
05-22-2005, 08:12 AM
I got my front end fixed, and i was ripping around a parking lot and i noticed a HUGEEE DIFFERENCE! (Lower Control arms, bushings, and tie rods replaced. I got hard rubber bushings.)

I'm going to a junkyard soon to grab some rims i can put racing tires on for temporary use until I can afford new ones. I really ripped the hell out of my potenzas last time i raced it.