PDA

View Full Version : Dead Stereo

bimma313
05-16-2005, 01:34 PM
Alright car has been stored the last 6 months. Winter sucks in Michigan. Anways battery is dead. Had the battery charged up wouldnt start so I had the car jumped. Car started fine. Turn on radio put in code worked fine. Come to find out battery had a dead cell. Went out bought new battery...dumb friend put neg to pos and post to neg. Shorted the car. Only fuse that blew was the window fuse. Replaced that and window worked fine. Now radio doesn't work..i checked the fuses in the front engine panel fuse and it is fine. Is there any other fuse for the radio? Also now clock is running on Military time? Weird? any suggestions?

H3_2.1-ti
05-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Remove the radio and check the fuse at the back of it next to the wiring connector.

Cheers,

bimma313
05-16-2005, 02:08 PM
thanks... one last thing realoem.com does not show a diagram to take out radio?

socal318ti
05-16-2005, 06:50 PM
There's two little flaps on either side of the radio. Flip those out and there's some hex screws in there. Loosen those and it should come right now. Just make sure not to break them.

bimma313
05-19-2005, 06:06 PM
checked fuse on the back of radio. it's fine. come to fine out the fuse in the engine for the radio did blow out. could barely see that it was blown out. Now the cd changer is dead? any ideas wehre I should check? Seems like there is no power and radio can not detect it when changing to cd mode? Check the connection from radio to cd and that is fine?

Tyler
05-19-2005, 06:57 PM
Call you local bmw dealership and ask the parts counter person.