PDA

View Full Version : Drive cycles

m44bimmer
05-17-2005, 12:23 PM
I have a 97 318ti with the obd-2 computer and recently have done several repairs to fix all my fault codes. I unplugged the battery to clear the computer and drove it for 90 miles. At this point my car is almost a month and a half over inspection. I was now told, after the last timewhen I was told i would need to put 50 miles on the car, that i need to take it through 5 or 6 drive cycles to clear the computer. I am under the impression its 5 drive cycles with each beeing starting the car putting on the air conditioning accelerating to 65 and drifting down to 45. Can anyone confirm this or give any info :x

m44bimmer
05-19-2005, 03:15 AM
I recently called the local bmw dealer and they told me sense i have drivin the car 90 miles after unplugging the battery and the inspection/emmision test is still sayin car not ready for testing i have to take it there (an hour away when my car a month and a half out of inspection)and they need to reset everything manually. Can this prob be solved if i use a reset tool or is he blowing smoke up my ass? :x

cali-ti
05-19-2005, 03:35 AM
i wish i knew ... you may want to post on the yahoo 318ti mailing list if you get no answer here.

m44bimmer
05-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Does anybody have ne idea if i got a reset tool and reset the computer if that would solve the problem?

cali-ti
05-29-2005, 10:12 PM
i would think the reset tool would cause a similar situation (forcing drive cycles before being "ready"). if you were considering a reset tool already though (one that reads codes too i'm assuming), then you may want to go ahead and try that.