PDA

View Full Version : Found the original brochure for 1998 318ti

L84THSKY
05-19-2005, 03:53 PM
I was looking through my folder of stuff the original owner gave me. Inside was the original brochure for the 1998 model year 318ti. It has lots of good info on features, specs and color available for that year. If anyone is interested, I can scan the pages.

motorwerk
05-19-2005, 05:03 PM
I was looking through my folder of stuff the original owner gave me. Inside was the original brochure for the 1998 model year 318ti. It has lots of good info on features, specs and color available for that year. If anyone is interested, I can scan the pages.
Thanks L84THSKY!

As an extension to this, I have a copy of the Getting To Know Your Vehicle 'tape' that BMW gave with our 318ti's and was gonna rip it into an mp3 file and post it as well...I was gonna do this anyway because I wanted to transfer onto CD. If anybody wants a copy (of the mp3), let me know...lates...motorwerk

L84THSKY
05-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Actually, I have the tape too, but didn't have a way of converting it.

Thanks L84THSKY!

As an extension to this, I have a copy of the Getting To Know Your Vehicle 'tape' that BMW gave with our 318ti's and was gonna rip it into an mp3 file and post it as well...I was gonna do this anyway because I wanted to transfer onto CD. If anybody wants a copy (of the mp3), let me know...lates...motorwerk

motorwerk
05-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Actually, I have the tape too, but didn't have a way of converting it.
It sucks cause I want to listen to it on the road but have a CD deck installed in my car. I'ma see if I can dig up an old tape deck and convert it to CD...coolness...thanks bro...motorwerk

cali-ti
05-19-2005, 06:20 PM
motorwerk, if you're successful, i'd be interested in the original format of the digital recording before conversion to mp3 (unless you use a lossless encoding scheme).

L8, scan 'em up. if you need larger temporary upload size capability, let steven know so we can get them loaded up here for all to see :)

motorwerk
05-19-2005, 06:30 PM
motorwerk, if you're successful, i'd be interested in the original format of the digital recording before conversion to mp3 (unless you use a lossless encoding scheme).

L8, scan 'em up. if you need larger temporary upload size capability, let steven know so we can get them loaded up here for all to see :)
Hey cali-ti:
I'd probably convert from a pure analog tape source to digital (.wav format) and then use a sound editor (Sound Forge) to convert to mp3 since the file size will be considerably smaller than keeping it in .wav format. I'll use VBR encoding. It should be easy to convert between .mp3 and .wav format without losing too much quality (especially for speech-type recording). Let me know if this will work for you...I'ma try this over the weekend...motorwerk

cali-ti
05-19-2005, 06:36 PM
how long is the tape? let me know how big the resulting wav file is as i may try to get that from you. there are a couple free lossless encoders (if you're interested). i'm an anal-retentive super freak ... i'm actually going to rip my entire cd collection with lossless encoding as i get time (i have over 600 cds).

motorwerk
05-19-2005, 06:42 PM
how long is the tape? let me know how big the resulting wav file is as i may try to get that from you. there are a couple free lossless encoders (if you're interested). i'm an anal-retentive super freak ... i'm actually going to rip my entire cd collection with lossless encoding as i get time (i have over 600 cds).
Hey cali-ti,

Your guess is as good as mine?! Don't know how long the recording is as I haven't actually listened to it. In either case, I will let you know how big the file is (.wav) once I do this. By no means though is it gonna be anywhere 'perfect' (tape > cd) but I'll try my best to get a clearest capture audio quality...will let you know...lates...motorwerk

cali-ti
05-19-2005, 06:44 PM
hehe ... yeah, i know :) i don't expect that when i play it on my hi-fi that it'll sound like the person is standing in front of me in the room like with a very well recorded piece of music. thanks for your time and effort to make this available :)

Tyler
05-19-2005, 06:56 PM
When i bought my car it came with tyhat in the glove box.