PDA

View Full Version : 318ti.org lost from DNS for awhile?

cali-ti
05-23-2005, 03:51 AM
was i the only one for which 318ti.org was lost from DNS (domain name services) for at least last night and most of today)?

just wondering ...

and glad to see it back :)

1996 328ti
05-23-2005, 12:11 PM
was i the only one for which 318ti.org was lost from DNS (domain name services) for at least last night and most of today)?

just wondering ...

and glad to see it back :)It happens from time to time. my personal site was hosted with the same company. I have moved it to another hosting site. I will try them out for a few more weeks then will be moving 318ti.org over to it. It will allow for more growth. Although the support where ti.org is now is excellent except for the occasional glitch, we are growing each month and I want to be sure we can handle it.

Another possibility is I can offer webhosting. If there is no interest I'll host the site off my personal account.

cali-ti
05-23-2005, 01:09 PM
ok ... just thought that was odd to be removed from DNS rather than just not being available. it freaked me out, i thought they had shut you down or something! ;)

robcarync
05-23-2005, 04:07 PM
yeah its happened to me on occasion...cant find the site...makes me sad! i love the site!

1996 328ti
05-23-2005, 06:31 PM
ok ... just thought that was odd to be removed from DNS rather than just not being available. it freaked me out, i thought they had shut you down or something! ;)It has happened when I hit my bandwidth limit. I watch it closely towards the end of the month. MSNBots killed me a few months ago so I banned them. Since then we have been in better shape.