PDA

View Full Version : whats a good fuel management

mischief
05-23-2005, 04:44 AM
after installing my supercharger and bootsing it up to 16psi my car is runing very lean

m44ic
05-23-2005, 04:51 AM
after installing my supercharger and bootsing it up to 16psi my car is runing very lean

the apexi SAFC is good, you can set all your own settings or use preset ones.

needle332rur
05-23-2005, 05:01 AM
When i was going to do the whole turbo m42 thing i found a bunch of people on bimmerforums who are using power commander III. This is a injector controler and will not interfer with the rest of the functions of your stock ECU. It simply uses a switch to control the injectors. The people i talked about doing this used the PCIII from a GSXR1000. They took the wire that normaly goes to the TPS sensor and hooked it up to a MAP sensor. Say you want to run 15 PSI boost. You take the map sensor and make 0 = 0% and 15 psi = 100%. So that your fuel is completely controled by boost. You can control the two variables. I'll get the name of the guys who have done this on bimmerforums and post it for you, i think it's somwhere in my PM's.

ZeroG
05-23-2005, 05:57 AM
You need to decide how much you really would like to spend on this. Trully the best thing to do would be to go stand alone fuel management. I know that sias tuning has PNP kits for the Elctromotive TEC III, and evosport has PNP kits for the AEM EMS. They are both in the 3K range so if that is your budget do some research and those are the best for the money.

Now if money is an object then you will end up going with some kind of piggy back unit. I use the ARC 2 by Split Second, the SAFC, Unichip, and a few others are available, and almost any unit can be used with a BMW if you rig it right. Piggy backs are bad because they alter the load signal (Map, MAF, Or AFM) that the ECU sees basically tricking it into retarding timing, and adding fuel. But load does more then that, it can advance timing as well so you need to be careful.

Piggy Back units will work but if you are looking to get every once of HP out of your car, then stand alone is the way to go.

-Chad

mischief
05-23-2005, 07:38 PM
i was going to buy a apexi SAFC
but i dont want to interfer with the ECU

but then i dont have that much to spend
on a fuel management

i did look at Elctromotive TEC III

but right know looks like APEXI becouse it in my price

but then there powercommande.com has a approved shop that can do the work on my car

but i will be looking at the othere management

m44ic
05-23-2005, 08:51 PM
i was going to buy a apexi SAFC
but i dont want to interfer with the ECU

but then i dont have that much to spend
on a fuel management

i did look at Elctromotive TEC III

but right know looks like APEXI becouse it in my price

but then there powercommande.com has a approved shop that can do the work on my car

but i will be looking at the othere management

what injectors due you have? because stock wont handle all that boost even with a poo load of fuel pressure

pdxmotorhead
05-23-2005, 09:06 PM
:biggrin:
If you can't afford fuel management ,,,,
You probubly can't afford 16lbs of boost.
Speed cost money, how fast you wanna spend....uh I mean go...

Dave

DustenT
05-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Don't worry about spending money on Fuel Management. If you are planning on running 16psi, save your money to replace/build a new motor WHEN this one blows. I wouldn't run more than 10~12 psi. max on stock internals.

Go with Haltech if you want engine management.

mischief
05-24-2005, 03:38 AM
If you can't afford fuel management ,,,,
You probubly can't afford 16lbs of boost.
Speed cost money, how fast you wanna spend....uh I mean go...

Dave

when i started this project i was working full time
all the money i was making was going into my two 318ti.

i had no bills only cell phone

but now im in school so i work part time
girl friend,cell phone,and rent no much left for my cars

pdxmotorhead
05-24-2005, 04:39 PM
I feel your pain....

Dave

sikbrik
05-24-2005, 09:52 PM
I've got Accel DFI for sale if you're interested...new. Not as high tech as some of the others but a nice programmable stand-alone that's been in a lot of the fast imports for a long time. Just thought I'd let you know...

mischief
05-25-2005, 05:15 AM
what is your asking price

sikbrik
06-02-2005, 10:40 PM
I was thinking $550. I paid nearly $1000 when it was new but $550 seems like a fair market price. Thanks...
Mike