PDA

View Full Version : Clean 98 Value

turbonaggs
06-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Im getting out of the speed thing and am looking to buy a ti. I found one locally that seems like a pretty good deal. Its being sold by a shop that only services BMW's and Mercedes. Its a silver 1998 with approx. 80k miles on it. It has an immaculate black leather interior. From reading your posts im guessing that its the sport trim due to the weather stripping all around (has been painted silver to match the car). Its a 5 speed as well. He said 7,000 would take it. I have read mopst of the other posts in this catagory and realize you guys pay anything from 6 to 9. I am probobly being redundant by adding this but i thought id post to get spacific feedback on the one im looking at. I know it had a minor rear collision that messed up the hatch but he showed me what he replaced. The frame and everything its still fine. The people who run the place seem to be really good as well. They are older polish natives who seem to be european car gurus. What do you guys think? Oh yea and what size wheels will fit on this? hole pattern offset and max outsid dia. would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jflip2002
06-02-2005, 05:17 PM
I got mine for $4k cash.... He wanted $6700, but its a wonder what cash in hand will do. Bring cash, and try to bring him down.

Up to 19", with 40 series profile tires will fit I believe.

I'd pass on it though for $7k, and have had been in an accident

m-technik_ti
06-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Oh yea and what size wheels will fit on this? hole pattern offset and max outsid dia. would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Depends on what suspension you are running, but ive seen 19X8.5" on a 45 offset fit ti's. 18X9's on a 45 offset fit as well on stock ride height. You can always role your fenders if you rub a bit.

I won’t comment on the price since we pay way more for Bmw's up here in Canada.