PDA

View Full Version : exhaust for my 318i, and some...

Woofy318i
06-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Hi, I am a new member on this forum, and wanna say hello to everyone.

I would like to change my stock exhaust with a Stromung exhaust this summer; also I am planing to remove the CAT. I am not sure what to do the first, install the exhaust or remove the cat first? Also, how will this affect the sound of the exhaust, performance of the car? Is it damaging to the engine?

My future plans are to get the DINAN chip, Cosmo Racing CAI (i am gonna order this next week), and a Short shifter also made by Cosmo Racing. I am not sure about this short shifter yet tho, i might go after a different brand. If you have any suggestions please tell me.

Also, if any of you guys know where to find the Specification sheets for my car would be awsome. 1995 BMW 318i, Production date is 01/1995, imported from Germany.

Regards,

Senad

PS: Did I post too many questions for my first post? i hope not

:blink:

Tyler
06-02-2005, 05:39 PM
hello and welcome to the site.

m-technik_ti
06-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Looks like you've got some good plans for your ti! :biggrin: Removing the cat will increase sound and flow through the exhaust, but also increase emissions. If you are looking to gain maximum power from your ti, look into installing a DASC (Downing Atlanta Supercharger). A Dinan chip and CAI will only offer minimal power gains unfortunately.