PDA

View Full Version : Sites to get a S/C?

jflip2002
06-04-2005, 03:25 AM
I was going to get some bigger giovannas with some money saved. But after this site, I think I will just get something along the 17" Mille Miglia that were showed, and get a supercharger.

I wasnt really one who cared much for the speed, I was more about the looks. But after the talk, I've totally flip flopped. Anyways, Im not necessarily looking for the BEST S/C. I am looking for the best value for a S/C though. Id rather spend a little more, and get one a little better than the average. But its not really worth it to spend tons more, to get one a little better than the average, just because of the name.

How much do they generally cost? What are the Sites? Are there any other mods needed?

Im sure this has already been posted, but Im lazy. Yes.... Yes I am

m-technik_ti
06-04-2005, 03:35 AM
So you are going for the Mille-Miglias after all? Good choice :biggrin:

Downing Atlanta Superchargers are specially manufactured s/c's for the m44/42. Here's a link to a recent thread discussing price and places to buy the DASC.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5757

jflip2002
06-04-2005, 03:44 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33741&item=7977436093&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Thats an electric S/C... Its cheap, so Im assuming you get what you paid for?

And as for the rims, Im leaning that way. I like how your spokes are wider, but Id think of your car while I had em on mine. And my cars not half as sick lol.

jflip2002
06-04-2005, 03:46 AM
Ok nevermind.... Didnt think it was going to be $3k lol. I was thinking around $1200 or so, and that would have been fine. Definitely not paying $3k for a DASC

jflip2002
06-04-2005, 03:47 AM
and it also shows most S/Cs for an M3...... The M3s are 3.2 litres, and ours are 1.9 4 Cylinders, do they all work for the 96 318ti?

m-technik_ti
06-04-2005, 03:56 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33741&item=7977436093&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Thats an electric S/C... Its cheap, so Im assuming you get what you paid for?

And as for the rims, Im leaning that way. I like how your spokes are wider, but Id think of your car while I had em on mine. And my cars not half as sick lol.

Dude, i dont know about that thing.....By the looks of it all it does is speed up the air that enters your intake by using a small electric fan. This is nothing like what a true supercharger does.

jflip2002
06-04-2005, 03:56 AM
So basically one of those 'vortex' things you get at pep boys, kragen, or auto zone, and throw in your intake lol. Yeah, I figured it was too cheap to actually have much of an impact.

m-technik_ti
06-04-2005, 05:24 AM
So basically one of those 'vortex' things you get at pep boys, kragen, or auto zone, and throw in your intake lol. Yeah, I figured it was too cheap to actually have much of an impact.

That’s pretty much what it is, just battery powered in this instance. Its function is somewhat similar to what a ram-air intake does; you won’t see much in regards to HP increase, at best you may feel a slightly quicker throttle response due to the fact that there is more air being forced into the induction chamber.

tEso
07-20-2005, 02:15 PM
look save money for sometime and get the DASC kit its the best preformance for the M44/M42 ti's .... and the are the best bang for the buck if u buy it in a group buy the price might go down for about 2700-2500 so think about it the Downing atlanta kit is superb.. !
think twice its gonna be a different car with that SC.. !

KOjag
08-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Or take a look at the KO s/c , maby not alot cheaper but its defanitly more bang for your buck. The DASC is a good system but its design was done 5 years ago and new , more efficient tuning tricks are available now , and theres no stage 2 without Nick g, try getting a hold of him now days.
just my .02