PDA

View Full Version : DASC intercooler? where is it?

Silver00spike
06-07-2005, 07:01 AM
I remember some guy was developing an intercooler for DASC, and now I can't find anything anymore

GDB
06-07-2005, 07:07 AM
http://www.itsallaboutspeed.com/project.html

city
06-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Im not to fond of the mounting idea, But it does sound like an idea I might look into if it is produced anytime soon.

ZeroG
06-07-2005, 03:29 PM
The guy was me!!! :) It's coming.. I am just finishing the production stuff now so, maybe 1 month or so.

What is it about the mounting that concerns you? I would love to clear up any questions that you might have.

-Chad

city
06-07-2005, 03:32 PM
The guy was me!!! :) It's coming.. I am just finishing the production stuff now so, maybe 1 month or so.

What is it about the mounting that concerns you? I would love to clear up any questions that you might have.

-Chad

Hey ZeroG awsome idea. What are your expectations in HP gain?? Also what is the price range looking like and how hard of an install?? Im hoping its a more DIY type project for people with moderate automotive abilities. Im just not sure if I like the overall cosmetic look with it mounted behind the grill halfway, was it to hard to make fit in the opening of the front bumper?

city
06-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Also are there any downsides you see in doing this mod, Or problems that could arise in using the Intercooler?

ZeroG
06-07-2005, 04:49 PM
Hey ZeroG awsome idea. What are your expectations in HP gain?? Also what is the price range looking like and how hard of an install?? Im hoping its a more DIY type project for people with moderate automotive abilities. Im just not sure if I like the overall cosmetic look with it mounted behind the grill halfway, was it to hard to make fit in the opening of the front bumper?

1.) HP increase numbers are not known at this time. We did see a great improvment in consistancy due to the lack of heat soak. If you look at the chart below forget the HP number as this car is really modified you can see how consitant every run is and actually the car increaes in power with each run.

*Exclude run 3 as it was done in 4th and all the others were done in 3rd.

http://www.318ti.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=492&cat=500&page=1

With a normal DASC chart usually the first run in the most powerful and with each run the intake temperatures go up and power goes down.

2.) The install is realatively easy and if you could install your DASC you will be able to install the intercooler.

3.) As far as the Heat Exchange goes we did our best to make it run efficiently. With it in the current position we have never seen water temps over 90 degrees.

Hope that helps...

-Chad