PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased this 95 ti

Neverender
06-15-2005, 02:37 AM
I just won a 95 318ti on ebay. I paid $8600.00 from a dealership in Boston it has 69k miles. It looks like a new car, Its been inspected and carries a 30 day warrenty. Can anyone tell by looking at pics if it is a sport or base active? Also was this a good deal? Im VERY excited about this car.. I just hope I didnt pay to much.

The options that were listed on the auction were:

Adjustable Steering Wheel
Air Conditioning
AM/FM Cassette -------------------------(no cd :no:
Center Arm Rest
Clock
Coolant Temp. Gauge
Courtesy Lights
Cruise Control
Cup Holders
Front Bucket Seats
Inside Hood Release
Interval Wipers
Keyless Entry
Leather Steering Wheel
Leather Upholstery
Power Door Locks
Power Mirrors
Power Steering
Power Windows
Rear Defroster
Security System
Tachometer
Tilt Steering Column
Trip Odometer
Vanity Mirror (s)

Then for exterior:

Cargo Lamp
Dual Power Mirrors
Power Sunroof
Rear Window Wiper
4 Wheel Disc Brakes
Anti-Lock Brakes
Break Resistant Glass
Halogen Headlamps
Passive Restraint System
Power Brakes
Third Brake Light

Ok sorry folks Im new to the forum and im not sure how to post pics.. I can email them to anyone who wants to look and mabey let me know what they think.

clex2
06-15-2005, 02:50 AM
One thing I noticed was "adjustable steering wheel" and "tilt steering column" both of which never came on any ti I know of, except mine, but then again, I retrofitted this to my car. Not that it's going to matter much since you bought the car already.

robcarync
06-15-2005, 06:27 AM
well i paid 8700 for my 95 ti....about two and a half years ago....it had about all the same options...except the arm rest...my car had 69k miles when i got it too...

so you may have paid too much, or i got a crazy good deal...

Tyler
06-15-2005, 04:16 PM
No ti's have tilt wheel unless it was added by whomever owns it.

Tyler
06-15-2005, 04:17 PM
I just won a 95 318ti on ebay. I paid $8600.00 from a dealership in Boston it has 69k miles. It looks like a new car, Its been inspected and carries a 30 day warrenty. Can anyone tell by looking at pics if it is a sport or base active? Also was this a good deal? Im VERY excited about this car.. I just hope I didnt pay to much.

The options that were listed on the auction were:

Adjustable Steering Wheel
Air Conditioning
AM/FM Cassette -------------------------(no cd :no:
Center Arm Rest
Clock
Coolant Temp. Gauge
Courtesy Lights
Cruise Control
Cup Holders
Front Bucket Seats
Inside Hood Release
Interval Wipers
Keyless Entry
Leather Steering Wheel
Leather Upholstery
Power Door Locks
Power Mirrors
Power Steering
Power Windows
Rear Defroster
Security System
Tachometer
Tilt Steering Column
Trip Odometer
Vanity Mirror (s)

Then for exterior:

Cargo Lamp
Dual Power Mirrors
Power Sunroof
Rear Window Wiper
4 Wheel Disc Brakes
Anti-Lock Brakes
Break Resistant Glass
Halogen Headlamps
Passive Restraint System
Power Brakes
Third Brake Light

Ok sorry folks Im new to the forum and im not sure how to post pics.. I can email them to anyone who wants to look and mabey let me know what they think.

Did you buy this in Lexington,Ma on Rt 2a? I saw a Avus Blue ti there about 2wks ago at a small dealership.

jflip2002
06-15-2005, 04:48 PM
No one can tell you if YOU paid too much really..... If you feel like you're happy with the car for that price, then you got a deal. I talked the old man who had my car down to $4000 cash. But this was also near beverly hills, where a 96 ti sport is old news lol.

Neverender
06-15-2005, 06:39 PM
Yeah this car is located in MA at a small dealership, I going to be flying there to pick it up.. Did you happen to check the car out?

Neverender
06-15-2005, 06:42 PM
(No one can tell you if YOU paid too much really..... If you feel like you're happy with the car for that price, then you got a deal. I talked the old man who had my car down to $4000 cash. But this was also near beverly hills, where a 96 ti sport is old news lol.)_

I live north of beverly hills about 3 hrs, up in San Luis Obispo. So That kinda gets me thinking, mabey this was a bad Move. considering im going to have to fly over and drive it back..

nick_hegel
06-15-2005, 06:54 PM
No one can tell you if YOU paid too much really I agree! I paid like 8500 for my car. Some may think I over paid, but in my mind it was worth every penny!
I live north of beverly hills about 3 hrs, up in San Luis Obispo. So That kinda gets me thinking, mabey this was a bad Move. considering im going to have to fly over and drive it back..Not necessarily, it could be fun to have a little road trip with your new car! As long as it doesn't explode or anything! :blink: That may or may not put a damper on the trip, but I guess it depends on how you view it! lol

robcarync
06-15-2005, 06:54 PM
i definently agree with the comment about paying too much....because when i got this car, my mom thought 8700 was too much (even though we talked him down from 9500...but it was worth it to me because i liked the car....but either way its beneficial to get the best deal you can on the car...

just because you may be willing to pay 8600 dollars for a car...doestn mean you shouldnt or couldnt try and pay less...paying less just gives you more cash to do some cool mods :)

jflip2002
06-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Living in slo, I would have took a nice little trip down to the la area. In santa anna thry have the la public auctions, with tons of 98 5 series foer about $10k each. I'm not sure how you feel about 5 series though. Take a drive down to la this weekend, you may not find a ti, but I'm sure you can fond an affordable e36 without havong to drive that far to pick it up

jflip2002
06-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Living in slo, I would have took a nice little trip down to the la area. In santa anna thry have the la public auctions, with tons of 98 5 series foer about $10k each. I'm not sure how you feel about 5 series though. Take a drive down to la this weekend, you may not find a ti, but I'm sure you can fond an affordable e36 without havong to drive that far to pick it up

96cali
06-16-2005, 07:21 PM
If you drive through cleveland and need a good mech check out Brett Anderson at koalamotorsport.com. Get his phone # in advance though because he doesn't post it on his website to keep down the not-serious callers.

twentysixknots
06-17-2005, 07:38 AM
I can't comment on whether it was a good deal - what I've found is that it all comes down to how the car's been maintained. Here are some facts:

I was watching that auction, and called on the car. The guy said - "if you want to see it, hurry, because I't s a hot car right now - I've had lot's of inquirys" It's 100 miles from my house, and I could'nt get there before the Auction ended.

I'm in the process of closing on a 98 ti with 96,000 mi he was asking 75K. I test drove (5) 318tis this week and found two from private partys that were well kept Bimmers. One was a 95 with 159,000 mi that was worth every penny of the 5900 asking price. (no leather, but real clean 3rd owner car)

Good luck with yours -... by the way, the dealer in Saugus had it listed on-line and in Auto-Trader for $9,999. (I figured because he also had it on E-bay and didn't want to mess up his auction for less).

-Chris