PDA

View Full Version : Specific Turbo Kit Needed?

jflip2002
06-18-2005, 05:26 AM
This may sound like a bonehead question, but is a certain turbo needed? I know a mechanic that I deal with, and BS with quite a bit, and he has a few turbos laying around. Most put out tons of lbs, but he has one laying around the garage, where if you put a waste gate on it, you can get the load down pretty low. He said he would give it to me for free, since it has no use to him.

So is there onl a certain turbo that will fit, or can we get/make adapters that'll fit? Its for an inline 6 two-fifty-something I believe lol. Im not quite sure, but if it doesnt matter what its for, I can get the specifics as to what its for. If worst comes to worst, would it work on an M3 possible? since theyre both 6 cylinders. It would be free to me, so it wouldnt hurt to ask you guys I figured.

Thanks in advance again....

ZeroG
06-18-2005, 06:39 AM
This may sound like a bonehead question, but is a certain turbo needed? I know a mechanic that I deal with, and BS with quite a bit, and he has a few turbos laying around. Most put out tons of lbs, but he has one laying around the garage, where if you put a waste gate on it, you can get the load down pretty low. He said he would give it to me for free, since it has no use to him.

So is there onl a certain turbo that will fit, or can we get/make adapters that'll fit? Its for an inline 6 two-fifty-something I believe lol. Im not quite sure, but if it doesnt matter what its for, I can get the specifics as to what its for. If worst comes to worst, would it work on an M3 possible? since theyre both 6 cylinders. It would be free to me, so it wouldnt hurt to ask you guys I figured.

Thanks in advance again....

You can make anuthing fit. At Bimmerfest I saw a T4 on an M3 on the intake side of the engine. SO trust me anything is possible. It just depends on your budget. You will deffinetly need a custom manifold made.

-Chad

Dredder
06-18-2005, 07:59 AM
You will definitely need a custom manifold made.
-Chad

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo2.htm :)

jflip2002
06-18-2005, 05:01 PM
well in that case, does anyone want to buy a turbo for cheap... And let me know how it works. He has more than that one in that same model. Also, depending upon how much it'd cost to customize everything, i could use the same set up you used to run the turbo. Just an idea.

mischief
06-18-2005, 05:06 PM
how much you want for the turbo

jflip2002
06-19-2005, 02:09 AM
Make a reasonable offer..... jflip2002@hotmail.com. Thanks

jflip2002
06-20-2005, 08:07 PM
I went to the shop today, and here are the specs of the t/c......... Its a garrett first of all. Its off of an inline 6, 396 cu. In., 6.5l....... Thats rather large, but the good news is it pushes as little as 18 lbs, and as high as about 35 lbs, depending on how your waste gate is set up. He had it fit on a super quick s10, with no bed, before he wrecked it lol. If its not too much for that, then an m3 engine should handle it easily

mischief
06-21-2005, 03:37 AM
post the pics i dont think that will be a great setup on a little TI sound like to much lag

but still post the pic's might be a good set up with a well built motor

jflip2002
06-21-2005, 05:26 AM
Alright. I'll get it tomorrow when I go to his garage. I'll take some scotch brites or something and get it all pretty. As for the lag, will it make it lag more than no turbo at all? Or will it just not work like a turbo should? Ive never ran one, so I dont know. After the pics, if youre interested, let me know. I'll update tomorrow after work...