PDA

View Full Version : Jacking Car and Belts

rendoll911
06-24-2005, 05:50 AM
Alright i just finished changing my oil which went well but now i have a few other novice questions.. When i put my car back down off the jacks the cars stance was way higher than normal, after i drove it a while it went back to its original stance but should that happen? (Ive been wanting to get new springs and shocks, is this a sign that they are dieing?)

Also i noticed some of the belts are cracked and worn out in the front how especially the thinner of the 2 belts... should i get them changed and how much am i looking at for repair costs? Is it a DIY or should i take it to a garage?

thanks peeps

ZeroG
06-24-2005, 06:50 AM
Alright i just finished changing my oil which went well but now i have a few other novice questions.. When i put my car back down off the jacks the cars stance was way higher than normal, after i drove it a while it went back to its original stance but should that happen? (Ive been wanting to get new springs and shocks, is this a sign that they are dieing?)

Also i noticed some of the belts are cracked and worn out in the front how especially the thinner of the 2 belts... should i get them changed and how much am i looking at for repair costs? Is it a DIY or should i take it to a garage?

thanks peeps

The jack thing is normal. Once the suspension gets re compressed everything should be OK.

As for the belts change them maybe $30 in parts. The serpintine belt is the expensive one.

-Chad

prd318ownr
06-24-2005, 07:20 AM
i switched both belts myself... 28 bucks...

But my ac belt still squiks tho.. .Any Ideas why? Its a brand new belt

DeadpaN
07-12-2005, 04:40 PM
squeaky belts could either be too tight or loose, or maybe some oil got on it while changing them. http://www.autohausaz.com/catalog/lookup_parts.cfm?SubcategoryID=8905&VehicleID=1352607&CFID=117835&CFTOKEN=96273282
both belts for under $25. its really easy to do and there is lots of DIY photos and info on how to do it. otherwise you can just save some $$ by buying the belts, and bringing them somewhere to be installed.

prd318ownr
08-18-2005, 09:52 AM
yeah my ac is squeaky as hell too after i just put on a new belt, and it doesnt seem to be getting tighter

adamud
08-18-2005, 01:01 PM
i switched both belts myself... 28 bucks...

But my ac belt still squiks tho.. .Any Ideas why? Its a brand new belt

Need a new fan. Mine was doing the same thing

ClubSport
08-19-2005, 04:02 AM

When your wheels move up and down, they also move side to side a little, because they move in an arc, not a straight line. When you lower the car back down onto the ground the rubber sticks and can't move sideways, so it binds the suspension and won't drop all the way. Once you get the tires rolling, it's easier for them to move outward, and your car returns to normal ride height.

L84THSKY
09-07-2005, 08:40 PM
I just replaced both belts, no squeaking :biggrin:

yeah my ac is squeaky as hell too after i just put on a new belt, and it doesnt seem to be getting tighter