PDA

View Full Version : Need some Help with Pulley and some Noise

chang8899
06-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Guys:

I got a 1995 ti, recently my car is makeing funny noises, such as "da da da da" sound, I know my pulley need to be changed, but I don't want change the pulley then found out the noise still exisit then I have to pull all the pulley off again. Can some one help me to determind the problem.

Many thanks!

Jackson

aceyx
06-27-2005, 05:55 PM
if the car makes the sound at idle, open the hood and source exactly where the sound is coming from. it may not pinpoint the problem, but it will at least narrow it down.

then come back and tell us where. the description of the sound makes it seem like plugs, or just the normal exhaust note, but i can't be sure.

chang8899
06-28-2005, 05:16 PM
Okay, I went through the entire car pretty much trying to pin point the problem, and I found it where the engine is making Da Da Da noise. The Engine oil is low, my brother forgot the engine oil change time frame so some oil is burned out. So it make the sound. I change the engine oil, Spark Plug, Oil Filter, drain the coolant, and now works beautiful.

But here is the real problem I have, my A/C belt tentioner pulley is a bit weak and I want to change all 3 pulley, what would be the step by step to change it without breaking my head, of how to put every thing back. I have dealer, the part is only cost 100, and they want 85 per hour and they need 3 hours. That is too much!

Please let me know, many thank!

DeadpaN
06-28-2005, 07:45 PM
get your pulley here:

www.autohausaz.com/catalog/lookup_parts.cfm?SubcategoryID=8915&VehicleID=1011441&CFID=398319&CFToken=47677792

get your info here:

www.bimmerdiy.com/e36

gl

robcarync
06-29-2005, 12:03 AM
bimmerdiy.com/e36 looks strikingly similar to

http://www.geocities.com/e36rulz/DIY.html

i wonder which one was the original site?

either way, bimmerdiy looks a lot cleaner in the site layout...a bit more professional