PDA

View Full Version : New chica to the forums

bmwracerchick
06-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Hi everyone, name is Niki. Some of you might know me from BimmerForums if you post there. I drive a 1995 318ti and I live in Florida. The list of things I wish I could do to my car are endless, but for now I cant afford anything but keeping it stock and the upkeep to keep it running plus the bills I pay and going to college is killing me. The color of my car is Cordobarot Metallic and so far I have not seen any other BMW in this color. I absolutely love my car with a passion and wish other Bimmer drivers would be more welcoming to the ti's body style. I really dont know what else to say so here are some pics of my car:

http://img204.echo.cx/img204/4743/552301859xn.jpg
http://img129.echo.cx/img129/4985/552301862yz.jpg
http://img129.echo.cx/img129/6478/552301895ho.jpg
here is a great picture of how beautiful this paint is.
http://img295.echo.cx/img295/3760/552302006xj.jpg

bmwracerchick
06-29-2005, 09:49 PM
http://img295.echo.cx/img295/4515/552402032mr.jpg
http://img295.echo.cx/img295/1445/552402062bo.jpg
This picture is awesome...looks like my car is blending in:
http://img239.echo.cx/img239/8128/552402090io.jpg

bmwracerchick
06-29-2005, 09:50 PM
http://img292.echo.cx/img292/9847/552402208en.jpg
http://img292.echo.cx/img292/6985/552402110pk.jpg
http://img292.echo.cx/img292/7382/552402168bs.jpg

ok thats the last

nick_hegel
06-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Welcome to the site! I actually prefer this forum to bf.c That is definitely a very unique color and nice work on the pics

maurolin
06-29-2005, 10:29 PM
looks like here in Tampa bay area. great pictures. Welcome.

bmwracerchick
06-29-2005, 11:33 PM
looks like here in Tampa bay area. great pictures. Welcome.

Thats because it is. Dunedin Causeway :)

jflip2002
06-29-2005, 11:57 PM
Nice pics.... I don't know how welcoming the other forum is, but this forum never really made me feel like a newbie. Its nice to see another bmw enthusiast..... Especially one that's a female

bmwracerchick
06-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Nice pics.... I don't know how welcoming the other forum is, but this forum never really made me feel like a newbie. Its nice to see another bmw enthusiast..... Especially one that's a female

Ya it sucks how there arent more girls into cars....then again im a crazy car loving girl. But I love being that way. I still have a lot to learn with my car.

maurolin
06-30-2005, 01:09 AM
Ya it sucks how there arent more girls into cars....then again im a crazy car loving girl. But I love being that way. I still have a lot to learn with my car.

hey... my wife is into cars.... http://members.roadfly.com/mauricio/baby3cropavatar.jpg
http://members.roadfly.com/mauricio/baby.jpg

cali-ti
06-30-2005, 01:56 AM
Lol Lol Lol Lol

Dredder
06-30-2005, 02:25 AM
Damn Mauricio, is that your wife? I gotta say you have good taste in cars. Is that your white M3? Would you mind tellin me what type of hood is that? Is that the new Carbon Fiber hood?

Shaggy
06-30-2005, 04:09 AM
Thats a really nice car BMWracerchick. Ya got a nice clean engine too. And that color... dang its hot. BTW I hope your going to the Summerblaze on August 13th. You probably already know about it but if not its posted on this site in the regional forums section. Alot of ppl from this site, Bimmerforums and DTM power forums are going their.

Peace, :biggrin:

AlaskaBlue
06-30-2005, 04:23 AM
Most people aren't receptive to the 318ti. I wish that would change but there isn't too much that can be done about it.

Great looking car. Outrageously clean. I wish my 95's engine looked that clean. You do make stock look good (and clean).

jflip2002
06-30-2005, 06:26 AM
First of all... no comments needed for the wife lol.
Second.... Yes, that engine looks very clean. Mine looks just as clean, but on the top of mine, it has some yellowish residue/film that seems to be permanent. It looks similar to a zinc coating on a grade 8 bolt. Any ideas what that is?

bmwracerchick
06-30-2005, 06:33 AM
Thanks everyone. Ya I took those pics of the engine after doing a major clean to it. I have that same yellowish film, but I got some of it off the BMW letters on the engine. You dont want to know how dirty the engine was before I cleaned it. I wish I took pics but it was kind of cleaned under impulse. I didnt plan on doing it. Still has some spots that needs to be cleaned though. I reached my goal though, I made a 10 year old engine look like it was almost new! :D

Panzer_M
06-30-2005, 07:20 AM
Summerblaze 2005 over in Orlando Aug 13th.

Def need to get you Tampa Cars over here.

L84THSKY
06-30-2005, 02:24 PM
My girlfriend likes washing her car and cleaning the interior, but cleaning the engine to perfection is VERY HOT!!!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone. Ya I took those pics of the engine after doing a major clean to it. I have that same yellowish film, but I got some of it off the BMW letters on the engine. You dont want to know how dirty the engine was before I cleaned it. I wish I took pics but it was kind of cleaned under impulse. I didnt plan on doing it. Still has some spots that needs to be cleaned though. I reached my goal though, I made a 10 year old engine look like it was almost new! :D

Tyler
06-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Welcome to the site,nice car i like the color. I don't know if it was you or not but i sent someone on bimmerforums a personal message like last month telling them about this site.
Was that you?

bmwracerchick
06-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Welcome to the site,nice car i like the color. I don't know if it was you or not but i sent someone on bimmerforums a personal message like last month telling them about this site.
Was that you?

lol might have been, I get a lot of people from bimmers telling me to go.

As for summerblaze im definetly going. I am looking forward to it. I asked off work and everything. If all goes well I should be traveling up there with the guys from Baybimmers! :chick:

Panzer_M
06-30-2005, 03:41 PM
cool.

We are going to roll together with CFBMW and hopefully park the group together.

If you see the Red Ti with the Reis_Jager plate on the front, that's me.

Tyler
06-30-2005, 03:42 PM
lol might have been, I get a lot of people from bimmers telling me to go.

As for summerblaze im definetly going. I am looking forward to it. I asked off work and everything. If all goes well I should be traveling up there with the guys from Baybimmers! :chick:

I just remember seeing some girl on there with a ti so i just gave her a heads up about this site. Thought it would be more useful.

bmwracerchick
06-30-2005, 03:47 PM
cool.

We are going to roll together with CFBMW and hopefully park the group together.

If you see the Red Ti with the Reis_Jager plate on the front, that's me.

Awesome ill keep an eye on you. Wish I wasnt going bone stock (except for having a JVC cd player) but ill make it work :biggrin:

pdxmotorhead
06-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Ive heard the yellow film on the engine is cosmoline...A preservative for metal.

It only comes off with very powerful solvents,,, IE Flamable ones. :evil:
Which isn't reccomended because solvents penetrate where they
shouldn't especially electrical things.... :cry:

We had to use Benzine in the military to get it off of things. Nasty stuff.

Dave

BimmerBabe
06-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Hi Niki, I've seen your Car Domain page before and thought it was really good. I know what you mean about wanting to do a bunch of stuff to it, but it's sooo expensive and my dad would just get me a new car if I'm gonna be spending that much money...but I decided to keep my TI cuz it was my first car and I'm not quite ready to part with it yet, plus, I'm the only girl around here driving a TI...and soon, I'll be the only girl driving a pink TI :chick: Your car looks real nice...doesn't look 10 years old all :o

I wish more people would be receptive to the TI too...I think it's really cute and unique looking. I had an asshole classmate back in highschool who kept asking me why the hell I'd get a TI...meanwhile, the guy didn't even have anything to drive...and I have no idea why he seemed so concerned with what kind of car I drove...I was like, "Why the hell do you even care? You're not driving it, you'll never be in it...and it has no relation to you whatsoever...and there's tons of people out there driving WORSE cars than mine, why don't you go grill them for that??" ugh, some people are turds! :x

Hi everyone, name is Niki. Some of you might know me from BimmerForums if you post there. I drive a 1995 318ti and I live in Florida. The list of things I wish I could do to my car are endless, but for now I cant afford anything but keeping it stock and the upkeep to keep it running plus the bills I pay and going to college is killing me. The color of my car is Cordobarot Metallic and so far I have not seen any other BMW in this color. I absolutely love my car with a passion and wish other Bimmer drivers would be more welcoming to the ti's body style.

Panzer_M
06-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Awesome ill keep an eye on you. Wish I wasnt going bone stock (except for having a JVC cd player) but ill make it work :biggrin:

The Club Sport will be stock(looking) for the event.

ZKWs(euro ellip headlights) and Stromung exhaust are all I have ordered so far.

Trying to get some black rims from bimmerworld, but the 16" 5 spokes are on back order.

bmwracerchick
06-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Hi Niki, I've seen your Car Domain page before and thought it was really good. I know what you mean about wanting to do a bunch of stuff to it, but it's sooo expensive and my dad would just get me a new car if I'm gonna be spending that much money...but I decided to keep my TI cuz it was my first car and I'm not quite ready to part with it yet, plus, I'm the only girl around here driving a TI...and soon, I'll be the only girl driving a pink TI :chick: Your car looks real nice...doesn't look 10 years old all :o

I wish more people would be receptive to the TI too...I think it's really cute and unique looking. I had an asshole classmate back in highschool who kept asking me why the hell I'd get a TI...meanwhile, the guy didn't even have anything to drive...and I have no idea why he seemed so concerned with what kind of car I drove...I was like, "Why the hell do you even care? You're not driving it, you'll never be in it...and it has no relation to you whatsoever...and there's tons of people out there driving WORSE cars than mine, why don't you go grill them for that??" ugh, some people are turds! :x

that will be pretty interesting to see a ti in pink. Gotta post pictures when you get that done. I wish there werent so many haters with the ti. There have been countless numbers of guys who put down my car because its a 4 cylinder, meanwhile like your situation they dont have any car or their car is also a 4 cylinder that can barely even run. I know our cars are considered to be the bottom of the totem pole, but everyone I have given rides and have once hated my car actually end up apologizing to me and saying wow this car is actually great. Puts a smile on my face everytime!

1996 328ti
06-30-2005, 06:48 PM
I know our cars are considered to be the bottom of the totem pole, but everyone I have given rides and have once hated my car actually end up apologizing to me and saying wow this car is actually great. Puts a smile on my face everytime!And that is why I started this site. We needed a place of our own. The ti is our best kept secret.

jflip2002
06-30-2005, 08:43 PM
I like our cars being small little 4 bangers. 345 miles per tank, but it can get up when need be. You can't really complain with that's. The sporty little ass makes it look that much better than a 318i. I'd take it any day over a 318i, even though they're generally less expensive. If someone without a bmw talks junk about your car, there's 1 very simple way to shut them up........ Ask them what they drive lol.

bmwracerchick
06-30-2005, 08:51 PM
I like our cars being small little 4 bangers. 345 miles per tank, but it can get up when need be. You can't really complain with that's. The sporty little ass makes it look that much better than a 318i. I'd take it any day over a 318i, even though they're generally less expensive. If someone without a bmw talks junk about your car, there's 1 very simple way to shut them up........ Ask them what they drive lol.

lol amen to that.....the only 2 things I would change about my car specifically is for the damn grey to match the color of the car and I wish it was a manual....then again manual where I live is kind of a pain in the arse....All day is rush hour (except of course between 12am-4am hehe)

moku
06-30-2005, 09:48 PM
Aloha and welcome aboard! Always nice to see more TI owners joining the board, especially female owners.

Love the color of your car. Yours is the first TI that I've seen with it. I've only seen M3s with that same color.

bmw///m3///
06-30-2005, 11:41 PM
a woman ti lover, what a unique combo :chick: have fun with the car and youll find the people on this site are the best bmw owners........

vwt3
07-01-2005, 01:35 AM
Hey bmwracerchick. nice color very clean most people won't even clean there cars. I get more thumbs up on my car from non bmw people then bmw people.
I respect all car lovers no matter what they drive when they take the time to do it right even the one's that try hard but are just not there yet remember we all got to start somewhere just remember your frist car mine was a 65 plymounth vailant. :biggrin:

just keep it real!!!

vwt3

bmwracerchick
07-01-2005, 07:08 AM
Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome and comments on my car. I havent seen this color on M3's before, I need to keep my eyes open. lol my first car was a 1998 Chevy Lumina VWT3 Sure was a little trooper. I had such big plans for that car but now I have my little ti and I treat it like royalty. Covered every night with the ultimate car cover from Bavarian Autosport, cleaned once a week unless if its raining or not dirty enough. Its my baby. I also fully detail it once every month with maguiars NXT formulas.

maurolin
07-01-2005, 01:12 PM
WOW, look at your thread!. props on your car! you really prob. have one of the cleanest rare colored Ti's. are you planning on doing any mods? this guys are going nuts over you! how about a pic??

cali-ti
07-01-2005, 01:28 PM
I respect all car lovers no matter what they drive when they take the time to do it right even the one's that try hard but are just not there yet remember we all got to start somewhere just remember your frist car mine was a 65 plymounth vailant.
d00d, you gotta use some punctuation in there! that's hard to read, lol

1996 328ti
07-01-2005, 01:36 PM
d00d, you gotta use some punctuation in there! that's hard to read, lolI'll translate.

I respect all ride poser no matta what they drive when they takes tha tizzy ta do it right even tha ones that try hard but is jizzle not there yet rememba we all gots ta stizzay somewhere just mother* yo frizzay ride mine was a 65 plymounth vailant doggystyle.

Ooops.
:_paper: Where are those rules about hijacking threads?

cali-ti
07-01-2005, 01:41 PM
lol ... did you use gizoogle to translate? http://www.gizoogle.com/

1996 328ti
07-01-2005, 01:45 PM
lol ... did you use gizoogle to translate? http://www.gizoogle.com/Yep.

gooten1
07-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Yargh!! I Bees A Pirate, And This Thread Be Hijacked!

nick_hegel
07-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Yargh!! I Bees A Pirate, And This Thread Be Hijacked! LMAO!!!

bmwracerchick
07-01-2005, 06:47 PM
WOW, look at your thread!. props on your car! you really prob. have one of the cleanest rare colored Ti's. are you planning on doing any mods? this guys are going nuts over you! how about a pic??

Thanks, ya I have some mods lined up, but I cant afford any of them. So I try not to think about it until I can. Mainly until I graduate college, by then though I might just get a e36 m3 convertable instead and use that as a project car. I dont know yet thats a couple of years away. I do plan to get some projector headlights with angel eyes for my first mod only because they are what I want the most. But for now im just gonna try to keep it as new looking as possible.

I was wondering when the picture question was gonna come out, I cant escape it. So I shall give you a teaser and show you my favorite feature about myself. my baby blue eyes:
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/6231/blueeyes5yk.jpg

lol there ya go

jflip2002
07-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Hmmmmm, I thought this forum was great to begin with. Bmwracerchick and bimmerbabe are some very nice bonus eye candy lol. Not just that, but they're not just "dumb girls" who are here just to be here.

Now show us the rest damn it......... Please......... lol

vwt3
07-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Hey cali-ti, Ouch,,,,,I must of been rambling on, here are some extra punctuations insert where needed...,,,!!"??? :hahano: :biggrin:

vwt3 :wave:

Tyler
07-01-2005, 08:41 PM
WOW everyone is going crazy cause we got a couple girls on here on a regular basis. Are all the guys on here in an all mens schools or something...lol
I agree it is nice to have girls that are into cars exspecially the TI's on here. :evil_lau:

jflip2002
07-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Not just girls.... But not big ol' butch girls under the hood that'll kick my ass lol. I work at an auto parts store when not going to school..... There might be a little more attractive girls at an all mens school than there is here, and that's when I post usually lol.

cali-ti
07-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Hey cali-ti, Ouch,,,,,I must of been rambling on, here are some extra punctuations insert where needed...,,,!!"??? :hahano: :biggrin:
LOL

Panzer_M
07-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Well Niki if you want I can hook you up on some old mods.

upper strut bar(Racing Dynamic) and maybe a Bosi exhaust if you want for just some change.

cali-ti
07-02-2005, 01:37 AM
WOW everyone is going crazy cause we got a couple girls on here on a regular basis. Are all the guys on here in an all mens schools or something...lol
I agree it is nice to have girls that are into cars exspecially the TI's on here. :evil_lau:no, just a lot of high school age, hormone crazed d00ds!

fuchsiasky
07-02-2005, 03:09 AM
hello people! i just registered so i guess that makes me the new chick :chick: . today i was a wanna-be mechanic and tried to fix my driver's side window. after a couple of hours w/ no result, except for ending up with grease all over my body, i decided to look online for some help, so here i am. you all seem so sweet and were so welcoming to niki so i decided to register. i def don't know a lot about cars but i do love my baby! n-e-way, thnx to whomever suggested understeer.com, tomorrow i'll try again but this time i'll have instructions.

-sky

1996 328ti
07-02-2005, 03:31 AM
I need to take apart my door this weekend. Need to glue the panel to its fasteners, replace the plastic bushings before they break this winter, lube the guides and replace the trim on the top of the door.

fuchsiasky said:
"except for ending up with grease all over my body"
I'll leave that one alone.

lkwd318ti
07-02-2005, 03:41 AM
fuchsiasky said:
"except for ending up with grease all over my body"
I'll leave that one alone.

LOL!
Welcome to the forums bmwracer chick and fuchsiasky.
bmwracerchick, I see you posting at bimmerforums haha.
I'm glad that you found this site.
This place it very helpful :biggrin: .
Have fun

-Randy

jflip2002
07-02-2005, 03:41 AM
Lol. I've had experiences like that... But I was drunk, she was hot, and it was a bad night lol = \ errr

Shaggy
07-02-2005, 05:05 AM
hello people! i just registered so i guess that makes me the new chick :chick: . today i was a wanna-be mechanic and tried to fix my driver's side window. after a couple of hours w/ no result, except for ending up with grease all over my body, i decided to look online for some help, so here i am. you all seem so sweet and were so welcoming to niki so i decided to register. i def don't know a lot about cars but i do love my baby! n-e-way, thnx to whomever suggested understeer.com, tomorrow i'll try again but this time i'll have instructions.

-sky
Well hello, another girl on this site eh? Damn this is starting to be my favorite site. Not that it already is but... anyway welcome to the site fuchsiasky. :biggrin: If you ever need any kinda help on anything (ti's mainly) this is the place to go. :)

bmwracerchick
07-02-2005, 06:21 AM
Well Niki if you want I can hook you up on some old mods.

upper strut bar(Racing Dynamic) and maybe a Bosi exhaust if you want for just some change.

Awesome! That would be great. How much are you looking for? Exhaust was one of the main mods on my list also. Lemme know! Thanks!

Panzer_M
07-02-2005, 06:54 AM
Bosi is equal to the Ansa exhaust..it's a so-so system. mainly improves the looks.

50$ for the exhaust.

Panzer_M
07-02-2005, 07:04 AM
I paid 500+ for it, with shipping from the shop in germany selling it.

this was 4 days into owning a ti and learning that while not impossible Ti exhaust are not on the mass BMW market.

I got hosed badly, mainly cause I didn't shop around first, they are better options esp at the price I paid.

roadrash
07-08-2005, 03:41 PM
things I would change about my car specifically is for the damn grey to match the color of the car

Yeah, I hate that butt-ugly grey stuff too.

I've seen several "how-to's" about removing it. A bit of googling or searching here should turn up some options. As I recall, most methods I found involve solvents and copious amounts of manual labor. Plus you have to be careful to not scratch the paint underneath. Theres a fine line between gray and "paint" color. heh heh... that reminds me of a fave line from Spinal Tap.... "It's a fine line between clever... and stupid." :)

JMJ

roadrash
07-08-2005, 04:14 PM
I'm not finished with my coffee, still have battery time left on the laptop and there are cute women here at the coffee shop, so I did a quick bit of googling for info on getting the grey out...

A thread here at 318ti.org (http://318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?p=5821&mode=linear)
Several how-to's at ultimate-bmw.com (http://www.ultimate-bmw.com/bmw_knowledgebase/bmw_e36_diy_master_link.htm) (look for "color match")

HTH

JMJ

bmwracerchick
07-09-2005, 06:26 AM
ya I read about it, im a little iffy about it and time isnt something I have too often. I think one day I will give it a try. Thanks for the links Roadrash.

Anyone have pictures of Before and After that have done this? I havent seen any of those and I want to see how the condition of the paint was....

roadrash
07-09-2005, 06:43 AM
Anyone have pictures of Before and After that have done this?

Frankie (http://www.bimmerzone.com/gray.htm) has a before, during and after pic. The "after" looks fairly glossy, but I thought I read somewhere that there was no clear coat between the paint and "grey crap" so maybe he just waxed it well.

BTW... It seems to me that YOU don't really need all that much time for this project. Being a "racerchick" you should be able to convince some "ricerboy" to do it for you just to prove to you that all ricerboys aren't stupid jerks. Heh heh heh. A couple of "you're so much nicer than all the other ricerboys" and a liberal sprinkling of "that's making your arms look great." should have the job done in no time flat. Then again, he might have it down to bare metal if you're not watching closely. LOL

bmwracerchick
07-09-2005, 07:07 AM
Frankie (http://www.bimmerzone.com/gray.htm) has a before, during and after pic. The "after" looks fairly glossy, but I thought I read somewhere that there was no clear coat between the paint and "grey crap" so maybe he just waxed it well.

BTW... It seems to me that YOU don't really need all that much time for this project. Being a "racerchick" you should be able to convince some "ricerboy" to do it for you just to prove to you that all ricerboys aren't stupid jerks. Heh heh heh. A couple of "you're so much nicer than all the other ricerboys" and a liberal sprinkling of "that's making your arms look great." should have the job done in no time flat. Then again, he might have it down to bare metal if you're not watching closely. LOL

LMAO I probably know more the "ricerboys" know....most of them dont know crap about cars and they have others do the work for them and mommy and daddy pay for all the junk they put on their cars......sorry anything touched on this car is touched by me....or someone with previous experience lol but im sure I can handle it no problem. Like I said its finding the time to do it.