PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Dinan chip users:

BMWVW
07-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Hey everyone,

I searched around for comments from people that actually use the Dinan chip and I can't find much.

So... those of you that use it, what do you think of it? Is the difference noticable? I have a '96 ti and the only mod as far as engine/intake is K&N filter and mod'ed air box. Have been thinking about the supercharger, but can't justify spending that right now (just spent a small fortune on a wedding ... hey, but it was worth it :) ), so I was looking for cheaper enhancements.

Cheers,
Paul.

nick_hegel
07-01-2005, 07:59 PM
I wish I could say, but I bought my car with the chip installed already.

ZeroG
07-01-2005, 09:40 PM
I installed one as one of my first mods in 2K on my 318IS. I thought it made the car faster and REV higher. It did take away the speed limiter. I don't have any dyno plots so I can't prove anything either way.

-Chad

DustenT
07-01-2005, 10:35 PM
I installed one as one of my first mods in 2K on my 318IS. I thought it made the car faster and REV higher. It did take away the speed limiter. I don't have any dyno plots so I can't prove anything either way.

-Chad

chad,
what else do you have done to your IS? I saw your dyno chart and the A/F looks a hell of a lot better then your DASC dyno chart.

sorry, I just highjacked this thread! :biggrin:

ZeroG
07-01-2005, 11:43 PM
The IS has a DASC as well as a bunch of other goodies. I use a piggyback ecu to control the fuel on the IS.

The other chart is of a TI with a stock DASC kit, using the RRFPR.

-Chad