PDA

View Full Version : Blown Bilstein

bimmerboi318
07-09-2005, 05:56 AM
I've been very happy with my Bilstein sports, but I noticed some oil leaking from my front right wheel the other day. Thought it was the caliper since there was so much fluid leaking but it was in fact the strut. Any one else blow out a Bilstein? I was surprised. I'm going to have to give them a call about their warranty. I dont want to drop 165 each. Only had them about a year so far too.

BMWVW
07-09-2005, 08:30 AM
I have Bilstein sport shocks and the rear ones went on my '96 ti. They should have a lifetime guarantee. I had to pay up front for the new ones, but got my money back when I returned the originals and they checked them out (took about 6-8 weeks though).

Cheers,
Paul.

bimmerboi318
07-09-2005, 05:37 PM
I just found a broken sway bar link up front also. I must have hit something good. And I dont have my receipt for the struts so I may be out of luck there too...

But I was thinking, if I bought struts for a 325, would they have the mounting points for the sway bar links? Or is that only M3's? If I got the longer links and the right struts, I could have a little better use of my sway bar.

maurolin
07-10-2005, 01:15 AM
life time warranty. but it's a hassle.

m44ic
07-10-2005, 06:42 AM
yeah you should be able to send those in for new ones but it will be a pain, I have to deal with that crap all the time when I brake hockey sticks that are still under warranty. you will have to send the blown strut in and waite awhile before you get a new one back.