PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pad Sensor Light...

Tyler
07-13-2005, 01:23 PM
My brake pad sensor light is on and i took off my tires yesterday. I noticed the brake sensor wire wasn't tucked away and the tire shredded it. Now if i put a new sensor in will the light go off or do i have to get it reset?

nick_hegel
07-13-2005, 02:36 PM
So is the sensor still attached to the pad and the wire just cut off by the tire?

Tyler
07-13-2005, 02:53 PM
It shredded the wire so i disconnected the whole wire. So it's unplugged.

1996 328ti
07-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Once it is replaced it may not go out at first. Don't worry about it. Give it a few cycles.
When my mechanic replaced my torn sensor the brake light did not go off and he had to reset the ABS. I don't think you could do thaton your own so replace it and see what happens.

Tyler
07-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Once it is replaced it may not go out at first. Don't worry about it. Give it a few cycles.
When my mechanic replaced my torn sensor the brake light did not go off and he had to reset the ABS. I don't think you could do thaton your own so replace it and see what happens.

Cool,i'll see what happens once i get a new sensor.
Thanks

lkwd318ti
07-13-2005, 08:12 PM
My brake pad sensor light is on and i took off my tires yesterday. I noticed the brake sensor wire wasn't tucked away and the tire shredded it. Now if i put a new sensor in will the light go off or do i have to get it reset?

Haha, just saw you post this on bimmerforums, but I'll respond here because i saw it here first.

I think that it should just turn off when you get a new sensor.
I just bought new sensors from the $tealer the other day and the guy told me that it should turn off.
If it doesn't, I think he said that you should turn the car off and press and hold the brake pedal down for 30 seconds. Then it should turn off.
(If I'm wrong about pressing the pdal when the car's off, try pressing the pedal for 30 secs when the car's on. But I'm pretty sure that the car should be off... sorry for this confusion...im actually confusing myself :ashamed: )
Good luck and keep us posted.

-Randy