PDA

View Full Version : New Cheap Mod! yay! (pics)

bmwracerchick
07-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Ok, ive already posted this on Bimmerforums. But I have to put this on my cars home site. I got a new exhaust tip from walmart and I cant believe how good it came out. I figure anyone who had their old exhaust like mine and is ready to get rid of the skinny black look here is what a $5 tip from walmart can do for your car. LOL So here it is....my walmart upgrade on the bimmer

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/3646/562204424ss.jpg

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/7407/562204390tb.jpg

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/2486/562204419lh.jpg

Dredder
07-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Thats looks pretty cool. It reminds me of the stromung setup. To tell you the truth, you're better off this way. There's very little gain to get from aftermarket exhaust in our car if any. Nice job

cali-ti
07-16-2005, 05:11 PM
There's very little gain to get from aftermarket exhaust in our car if any. Nice job
agreed. the only reason i replaced mine is that the stock muffler finally started rusting through (and i was planning to take the stock exhaust off when i was swapping the diff too).

looks quite nice at home on your car racerchick :)

robcarync
07-16-2005, 06:25 PM
i was thinking of getting one for like the last year....that i saw at walmart...lol...

i never did because my pops told me exhaust tips are cheap looking, and the only one ive ever actually seen was on my friends pcikup truck...and he got one that connects to likea 1.5 inch pipe and opens into a 3 inch pipe...and his tialpaipe went paralell to the back bumper...so you could EASILY tell and it just look cheap.

that looks really nice though...i never really want to get another exhaust...too much money that i dont have....but i think it looks better with a chrome or stainless steel tip...looks much cleaner than the ugly black...

you have inspired me...i think i may just buy one next time im at walmart...

bmwracerchick
07-17-2005, 05:24 AM
lol yay im an inpsiration! Ya I have been looking at the exhaust tips at walmart since forever and finally went for it. This tip fits perfectly, you cant see the original exhaust tip on the muffler if you look straight into it unless your up close and it touches the muffler so you dont have extra room so from the side if you happen to actually see under the car you cant tell its a fake tip. Its really worth the $5 pocket change, you will be very happy with the look of it, I see it and I just smile! Im so happy I just went for it.

96cali
07-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Is it chrome steel or stainless steel?

bmwracerchick
07-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Is it chrome steel or stainless steel?

I think it is just stainless steel that is chrome plated......I honesly have no clue

96ti
07-19-2005, 09:16 AM
I got my tip from Bavauto.com for $6. It fits our old tip perfectly. BTW, it's stainless steel. But yours looks nice too, racerchick.

Phil Marx
07-19-2005, 05:38 PM
: I see it and I just smile! Im so happy I just went for it.
We see it and just smile, too. That is we see the reflection of you in your red bikini top in your last photo. ;)

bmwracerchick
07-19-2005, 06:05 PM
We see it and just smile, too. That is we see the reflection of you in your red bikini top in your last photo. ;)

lol gee thanks

roadrash
07-19-2005, 06:25 PM
we see the reflection of you in your red bikini top in your last photo. ;)

LOL... Phil gets the "Hawkeye" award for the day!

Or maybe a Bud Lite tribute for "Mr. Look at Every Pixel of the Photo Under a Microscope Guy." ;}

96cali
07-19-2005, 09:26 PM
I got my tip from Bavauto.com for $6. It fits our old tip perfectly. BTW, it's stainless steel. But yours looks nice too, racerchick.

Cool! I just ordered one from the dealer but they say it's steel. If Bavauto has real stainless I'll go that route.

robcarync
07-19-2005, 11:10 PM
hey...never noticed you in your red bikini....wow you are a hottie :)

how old are you sweetie ?

TEE HEE :)

roadrash
07-20-2005, 12:05 AM
OK, Rob, I'm not that far from you... don't make me have to dump a bucket of ice water in your lap! LOL

cali-ti
07-20-2005, 02:09 AM
hey...never noticed you in your red bikini....wow you are a hottie :)

how old are you sweetie ?

TEE HEE :)
LOL

could you ACTUALLY tell anything from a reflection on a curved surface??? LOL

robcarync
07-20-2005, 05:50 AM
well, i can tell she has a hot car...and she wears a red bikini...

now that is a DELICIOUS combination!

bmwracerchick
07-20-2005, 06:15 AM
lol how did this go from my tip to my tits? Sorry.....umm....bikini

I just got done washing the car, such is why I had the bikini on, here in Florida you cant wash your car without a bikini or else you will die of the heat....I was hosing myself off the entire time to keep cool.

To make you happy.....im 19

Blackie
07-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Tip or Tits is almost the same spelling and they all look nice....lol

I was thinking about upgrading my exhaust but no more! This is by far the cheapest and best looking mod I've seen!

Thanks!

lol how did this go from my tip to my tits? Sorry.....umm....bikini

I just got done washing the car, such is why I had the bikini on, here in Florida you cant wash your car without a bikini or else you will die of the heat....I was hosing myself off the entire time to keep cool.

To make you happy.....im 19

robcarync
07-21-2005, 12:26 AM
i turn 19 nov 2....does that make me too young for you ;}

yeah...exhaust tip looks splendid!

96cali
07-21-2005, 03:17 PM

Hmmm... looked on Bavauto.com, no ss tips. Called, they confirmed it. Went to my dealer today and they had chrome plated steel for $14. They said they typically last a few years b4 showing rust, longer if you take care of them. I figure if it does rust I can take it back and have a decent shot of getting a replacement.

This is becoming a trend! Like those tamagachi things from a few years back!:)

pdxmotorhead
07-21-2005, 05:12 PM
I like the fact that its not a huge ricer wanna be piece. Just cleans up the pipe without being too flashy.

My TI is visibly stock as well.

Dave

bmw318tiChic
07-21-2005, 05:29 PM
That's pretty nice. When I got my car it already had a tip like that.

robcarync
07-25-2005, 12:32 AM
i got one from auto zone but it didnt fit so i took it back and got my 10 bucks back...

im just going to get the one on bavauto for 15...

the one at auto zone didnt even look that nice i dont think, but it was the closest thing that wasnt a big ass chevy logo exhaust tip or a 2 inch inlet to 4 inch exit...

justintyme
08-02-2005, 05:23 AM
You sold me on it! Went and picked one up for around $10. I usually don't like to get to fancy but I got the slanted pipe...pretty cool!

bmwracerchick
08-02-2005, 05:32 AM
lol looks good justintyme. I really am starting a trend :giggle: =)