PDA

View Full Version : WRX vs 318Ti

KdCass
07-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Well let me first say I owned an WRX an 02. I loved the car. First gear was insane 0-30 could hurt you :biggrin: . The car alwas seemed a little weak after 60. This is partly because of the all-weel drive loss, and I think maybe aerodynamics. The WRX did suffer in driveablity. It had a all or nothing style of accerating.

I now of course have the 98 Ti.

Last night (Fri 15th) on the highway I was just cruising along Speedin about 10mph over like I usually do. Alongside me was a WRX. I miss the car a little, so when I see one its kinda notstalgic (sp?).

We came over a hill and we both saw a cop just waiting to pull someone over. We hit our brakes at the same time. We passed the cop both of us simutianioulsy decied to start speeding. This caused him to notice me I think.

I had my Ac on because it was 85 and humid as hell. This he noticed me I think only because I speed up at the same time. We kinda jocked around and got out of traffic. Ac off I dropped it in 3rd we gave it a run, don't know how fast we were going but i went almost to 6k in fourth.

To my suprise I was slowly creeping AHEAD!! :2gun: I had to slow down a split second before him because of traffic. So he passed my up. For a sec I had just a bit of doubt that here really got on it.

But then he slowed and got right behind me. Probably thinking, "What the hell kina BMW is that" LOL. After he check it out he pulled beside me, we waved and parted ways. (mine only says Ti on the back)

Well thats my story, it was fun. Thats the hardest I have ever ran her before. I was proud :) . Conditions were obviously in the BMW's favor, but still very suprising.

-Dave

AlaskaBlue
07-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Nice run. I have also been surprised at what my car can do and beat.

robcarync
07-16-2005, 10:31 PM
my friend has a WRX...i passed him once on the way home from school...he then came up next to me and i started speeding up....he then smoked me big time so i just went home lol

my car is an automatic, so its not prime racing material, but i was suprised because when i hit the gas, it actually accelerated pretty fast, so i was suprised that he took me so easily

mischief
07-17-2005, 03:21 AM
i killed a wrx on the curves
they understeer alot

KdCass
07-17-2005, 07:29 AM
Yeah they underster REALLLY bad stock, but If you throw the steering around it will claw its way with four wheels just barley spinning. :biggrin:

Theres also a trick to increasing the boost response on them. You just disconnect ONE little hose. Make a manual bleed valve for the boost control and take the gas mileage inspired computer out the loop. Takes it from 227 somtimes....bad boost response....to 250 all the time :2gun:

BTW the wrx would still OWN me from a stand still, and prob from a slow roll... :ashamed: :

-Dave