PDA

View Full Version : Sachs Performance Suspension Kit

Montius
07-20-2005, 03:18 AM
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Sachs Performance Suspension Kit, from Bavauto (part#118 139). Im looking to upgrade my stock suspension, and Im not sure if I should go with the Bilstein/bav sport springs, or this kit. Any info would be great.

Thanks

Dubster1
07-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Im running sachs sport dampers but with eibachs and the ride is superb.Not sure what springs they use on the sachs kit but i know the shocks are top quality.

madfronter
07-20-2005, 09:35 PM
The Bilstein Shocks with Bavarian Autosport Sport Spring set up and the Sachs Suspension Kit both lower your car about 1.5". As for ride I can not tell you the difference because I don't have the Sachs set up. I was looking into both but went with the Bilstein with Bav Auto springs because it cost a little less for the same amount of lowering. I was thinking about going with the sachs just because I have a sachs clutch but money was the major factor...I wish I had more of it.

Montius
07-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Right now Bav Auto has the Sachs kit on sale for $680, which is a little cheaper than the Bilstein w/ Bav springs, but not enough if the Bilsteins are better quality. Guess I have some research to do!!!! thaks for the info.

Tyler
07-20-2005, 11:17 PM
I never heard of this brand before untill i saw it on bavauto.com You don't find too many poor quality products from them.

CirrusSR22
07-22-2005, 02:02 AM
There is a thread about these on bimmerforums.com. It might be in the E36 M3 forum. I believe UUC Motorwerks and Understeer.com sells the kit also (not the 318ti kit though) From what I recall, people are giving the kit great reviews.