PDA

View Full Version : A Proper Introduction

DGWGuitars
07-20-2005, 05:37 PM
Seeing as I've posted a few messages, it's probably good that I log in with a little info. I bought my '95 318ti about a month and a half ago off a Chrysler dealer's lot. Not sure what model it is (can anyone chime in with an opinion?), but it's bone stock with Alpine White exterior and black leather interior, manual, A/C, cruise, computer, sunroof, sport spoke wheels, and 117K on the clock. It looked good on the lot, but like most 10 year old cars, it's required a little TLC to get it to the "I'm sure it's not going to leave me stranded" stage, seeing as I've found that the prior owner had a less than stellar idea of what was good maintenance. After a major service, new belts, a new key (the old one decided to lose it's connection with the engine computer), a new set of tires, a new passenger window regulator (if anyone knows how to adjust the windows, let me know as it binds a bit and the guy who installed it thinks that WD-40's the solution), and removal of some godawful window tint, she's a nice looking / driving car.

It's not my first foray into BMW's, as I had an '83 633 in the mid-80's (manual / black leather / black exterior) that was great ----- when it ran. Finally got tired of supporting it and went the safe Volvo route. Came close to buying a new '98 ti, but didn't and regretted it until I ran across my '95 ti.

stormos
07-20-2005, 08:40 PM
welcome, welcome! its the norm these days to have a few probs followin purchase....

like the ones i had:
Front Ball Joints
Rear Springs
Rear Brake Lines Corroded (ToDo)
Rear Subframe Mounts (ToDo)
ABS Sensor (ToBeFitted)
Exhaust
All Audio was pretty much shot.

BUT!! IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!

DGWGuitars
07-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks. I'm not a stranger to fussing with cars. Some time ago I had a '71 MGB, which was followed some years later by a '61 TR3 (wish I still had it). I'm now in the process of restoring a '49 Nash Ambassador, AKA a "Bathtub", which is approaching it's 10th year of work.

L84THSKY
07-21-2005, 09:17 PM
I just restored my 1979 Triumph Bonneville motorcycle. Before that I had a 1980 TR7 convertible. Restoring would be a misnomer, repairing is more what I was doing all the time. :ashamed:

Thanks. I'm not a stranger to fussing with cars. Some time ago I had a '71 MGB, which was followed some years later by a '61 TR3 (wish I still had it). I'm now in the process of restoring a '49 Nash Ambassador, AKA a "Bathtub", which is approaching it's 10th year of work.

DGWGuitars
07-22-2005, 12:37 AM
I just restored my 1979 Triumph Bonneville motorcycle. Before that I had a 1980 TR7 convertible. Restoring would be a misnomer, repairing is more what I was doing all the time. :ashamed:

I guess that there's an age where car / motorcycle repairs become restoration, and when spending godawful amounts of money is "justified".

Panzer_M
07-22-2005, 12:47 AM
so far, purchased the car for 7k, 1995 Club Sport,

this week going in for

new Struts/Shocks, bilstein HDs
new balljoints, Meyles
new control arm bushings, 95 m3
M3/Z3M rear shock mounts.