PDA

View Full Version : false alarm...

robcarync
07-23-2005, 07:08 PM
My alarm doesn't work...it hasn't for a while, but I finally decided to investigate it...

i cant turn my alrm on at all now...every time i try, the alarm goes off in exactly 7 seconds or so...EVERY TIME...it is consistant, and it always is the same time before it goes off...

what could make the alarm go off like this? at first my alarm just went off a few random times and i didnt think anything of it, thought maybe it was just sensitive...but now its gotten to the point that i cant arm it at all...

is there some sensor or something i could replace to make it work...or is it going to be more work than its worth?

stormos
07-23-2005, 07:25 PM
my factory alarm was up the spout when i got the car, replaced it with the a clifford concept 650. fantastic! lifetime warranty too......

ScnStlr
07-24-2005, 02:47 AM
i recently had a similar issue in that it wouldn't arm. i foudn out that the hatch switch had rub down enough of the plastic trim that caused the switch not to engage. i'd try this. pull out hte swtich which you can do easily and make sure it travels easily and apply a littel lube. secondly try arming your alarm with the hatch open and you pressing the switch in all the way. does it still go off? if not then you can found the problem. then look at the trim is there an inditation? if so then go to auto-zome and get a plastic 14/4" rivet and drill a 1/4" and pop it in and viola its fixed. i hope that works for you.

robcarync
07-24-2005, 07:14 AM
I LOVE YOU! WOW man that was EXACTLY it!

its 2am, and i still ran outside in my boxers to see if what you said was the problem...i held the switch down all the way with my hand, and armed the alarm with the hatch open! i held it forever and it never went off! i loosen my grip just a bit, and boop boop boop (at 2am...HEH...sorry neighbors)

im going to auto zone tomorrow to get the plastic rivet!

man thank you so much....its been probably about 8 months or so since ive been able to use it properly, and i never bothered to fully investigate it! THANK YOU MAN!

ScnStlr
07-24-2005, 04:03 PM
aww excellent. thanks for the complements. i'm glad it worked. mine was out for about the same amount of time and what I ended up doing is pulling out the alarm and using an ohm meter in order to find the offending switch within the wiring.
I gave you the simplified version for fixing it. ;}

The plastic rivets are in a spinning rack and they should be easy to find. I've used these things alot in other areas of the car when removing panels and putting them back on.

robcarync
07-25-2005, 12:33 AM
stuck the plastic rivet it...alarm works great now!

thanks man!