PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in/near Dayton, OH??

roadrash
07-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Howdy folks...

I finally got a lead on a car, in Dayton, OH. So, I'm wondering if anyone happens to be near there and might be familiar with the owner or the car. If so, I'll send the name via PM.

If we can agree on a price, I'll probably try to get up there within the next week to have a look at it and drive it. I'd also like to get it inspected or at least checked out by someone who knows these cars better than I do. Any suggestions on who to do that? I've e-mailed a couple of BMW dealers in Dayton to see if they do inspections but no reply yet.

I'm one step closer to bein' in the family.... heh heh

hubrisin
08-10-2005, 03:52 AM
Just get a vehicle service history etc. Be prepared to change the O2 sensor ($400) and the belts ($200). Know if the windows falls into the door, it's an easy fix. Brakes and rotors, the usual.
You can tell if the car was babied by the color of the oil when the car is due for an oil change.
If you buy a 98 sport TI, kep in mind the catalytic conveter had an EPA recall, and might need to be repalced, but you won't have to pay for it. Otherwise good luck dude.
Matt

96cali
08-10-2005, 04:04 AM
you could ask on bf.c in the regionals too. glad to see you may be zeroing in... :biggrin:

roadrash
08-10-2005, 06:11 AM
On paper, this car is what I'm looking for, except the asking price is more than I'm willing to spend right now. So close and yet so far. I guess I should at least check in with the seller to see if he's sold the vehicle or lowered the price, eh? :-)

It's looking more and more like I'll just invest a bit in my Honda to keep it running a few more years and spend the rest of my savings on a business idea.