PDA

View Full Version : M3 compatible parts

jdehaan
07-25-2005, 05:32 AM
I need to know if an M3 X-brace will fit in a TI. I assume that most parts off of an M3 will fit into a TI with a little creativity, or am I wrong? Is there anything in particular that won't? Also, would brake pads from a 325 fit on a stock brake system for a TI? Thanks

cali-ti
07-25-2005, 05:37 AM
e36 m3 x-brace will fit. it was originally put on the e36 cabrio. there are a number of how-to's on this site and others.

e36 m3 front brakes can be retrofitted, you need the spindles, calipers and carriers. actually, the whole front suspension from an e36 m3 can be retorfitted (including the sway bar) - keep in mind the springs will be for a heavier engine (unless you transplant the engine as well). rear brakes/suspension won't work because the ti uses (more or less) the e30 rear suspension.

m3 motor can be transplanted, many have done or are in process of getting it done. there are some caveats so read up on it if you're going to do it.

what else are you looking to migrate to your ti from an m3?

L84THSKY
07-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Hey Eric

Since you are so damn helpful :icon_poke , how about listing what model and year M3 cars have headlights, steering wheels, seats, body parts etc.....that would fit on our cars. I don't want upgraded brakes, just the accessories that my car doesn't have.

Then I can go junkin' for cool parts on Long Island. :chuckel:

e36 m3 x-brace will fit. it was originally put on the e36 cabrio. there are a number of how-to's on this site and others.

e36 m3 front brakes can be retrofitted, you need the spindles, calipers and carriers. actually, the whole front suspension from an e36 m3 can be retorfitted (including the sway bar) - keep in mind the springs will be for a heavier engine (unless you transplant the engine as well). rear brakes/suspension won't work because the ti uses (more or less) the e30 rear suspension.

m3 motor can be transplanted, many have done or are in process of getting it done. there are some caveats so read up on it if you're going to do it.

what else are you looking to migrate to your ti from an m3?

jdehaan
07-27-2005, 11:48 PM
Thanks for responding. I eventually plan to dop the 6 cylinder M3 motor, but for now i want to learn to drive on the track in an under-powered car. i have a friend who is upgrading his m3, so he has a list of parts that i could buy, so i think i'll do brakes and that brace. we'll see what else he comes up with.

andy
08-19-2005, 07:31 AM
I have an x-brace on my car - pretty easy setup. Most brake pad manufacturers use the same part number for the 318ti and e36 325 aftermarket brake pads, so no trouble there either. I think the only difference is the ventilated rotors on the 325.