PDA

View Full Version : wiring

Platanos
07-27-2005, 07:30 AM
I found some vaders that are heated and powered. My question.... is it possible for these to be installed and wired properly in a TI that doesn't have any of the formentioned options?? Thanks

Fernando

L84THSKY
07-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Hello Fernando

We have spoken about this privately, but just curious, can you send a picture of the Vaders? I would like to see how good they look.

I found some vaders that are heated and powered. My question.... is it possible for these to be installed and wired properly in a TI that doesn't have any of the formentioned options?? Thanks

Fernando

Platanos
07-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Hello Fernando

We have spoken about this privately, but just curious, can you send a picture of the Vaders? I would like to see how good they look.

I thought about what you were saying about all that wiring, and your right. I just have to be patient. On that note I've just found someone else selling for the same price and its like 40 minutes away, so I can have wifey pick them up for me. The ones I'm looking at now are manual and heated. If I don't wanna hook up the heater then the wires will just sit there right? I don't have to hook them up, right? I sent this guy a message....I hate waiting for responces.

So, anyway here are the ones that are power and heated http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7989619528&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Thanks for all the help

Fernando

Platanos
07-27-2005, 06:15 PM
I just set up the buy....heated black vaders in near mint condition....gonna have bro-in-law pick them up in two days....$750....ouch

So....how do i hook up the heater....keep in mind that I don't have heated seats

aceyx
07-27-2005, 08:27 PM
the heating element is in the seat themselves; all you'll have to do is find power for them.

Platanos
07-27-2005, 09:17 PM
the heating element is in the seat themselves; all you'll have to do is find power for them.

Ok, I need a switch right? It will mount under my power window switch. So i need to run a wire from the fuse box to the switch then a wire from the switch to the seat??? :flamed: ???

L84THSKY
07-29-2005, 01:43 AM
That sounds right, about the wiring.

Let me know what problems you have mating the seatbelt electrical connectors.
I haven't actually turned on my heated seats, to see if they work, just too damn hot now ;}

Send pics of the seats you are now interested in.

Ok, I need a switch right? It will mount under my power window switch. So i need to run a wire from the fuse box to the switch then a wire from the switch to the seat??? :flamed: ???

Platanos
07-29-2005, 02:55 AM
That sounds right, about the wiring.

Let me know what problems you have mating the seatbelt electrical connectors.
I haven't actually turned on my heated seats, to see if they work, just too damn hot now ;}

Send pics of the seats you are now interested in.

My wifey just picked up the seats for me :mrhappy: . She drove like 45mins and got lost, but she found it!! She loves me lots, but I think I was driving her nuts with all this. :giggle: She is taking pics as we speak, or should I say as I type

The seat belts have electrical connectors??? I won't be installing the seats for another few months cause I'm still in Iraq :help:

Now I have to find some rears and panels to match

Platanos
07-29-2005, 08:42 AM
Here they are....is the hole fixable :mad: ? How about the wear on the bolsters?

http://www.318ti.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=691&cat=500&perpage=24&ppuser=1719