PDA

View Full Version : 95 318ti 200K miles!!!

planetace
07-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey, whatsup guys. I'm looking into getting a 95 318ti with 200k miles :eek: for $2900. Is this a good deal :confused: I was thinking of talking him down to $2500. I have an appointment to see the car this weekend so what kinds of things should i look for?
What kinds of problems should I be expecting when checking the car out?
How long can these car really last???

Thanks for the information!

stormos
07-30-2005, 07:42 PM
cali ti has over 200k on his now and still going strong.....

1996 328ti
07-30-2005, 09:56 PM
My ti just turned 200K this week. I believe the odo was replaced at 10K.
If the car was maintained I would not worry about the mileage.

How long do they last?
Until we wreck 'em. :(

impulse922
08-24-2005, 01:44 AM
My friend had a 325i 1995 not the same car but bought it with 200,000 miles for 5 grand hasnt had a problem out of it in the year hes had it. He totoled it the other day :(

cali-ti
08-24-2005, 03:52 AM
the car will last as long as you want as long as it's maintained :) check for ALL bushings you can see. at 200k, if the rear subframe bushings haven't been replaced yet, they'll most likely be due. check my gallery pics for of what ones that are toasted look like ;) big thing will be the maintenance record. if the seller has one and you can see that they've followed the bmw recommended maintenance schedule (ie, when the lights on the dash told them to get it serviced, they did), then things should generally be good. water pump, possibly radiator, hoses should have all been replaced close to that or you may well need to do it (i just had all this done on mine before moving from WI to CO). usual maintenance things: brakes, oil leaks, air conditioning, any frame damage from accidents, etc ... put the windows up/down a number of times to see if there are any issues with regulators/clips. other problem areas for ti's: front balls joints, rear upper shock mounts ... mmmmm, shocks and struts if they've never been replaced should be pretty well shot by 200k.

stormos
08-24-2005, 12:59 PM
my car has only 100k on and my subframe mounts look worse than caliti's!!! new IE ones fitting on friday :)

95ClubSportDelaware
08-25-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm at 219K, all me and...no problems, never broke down. No intention of stopping before 400. I'm all highway miles (literally, I mean original clutch, maybe brakes 2-3 times total always with new rotors because I wear them at the same rate of the shoes believe it or not...70-90K miles a set.) Just get the maintenance records. I do oil every 3-4K miles, and stay on top of everything little thing that vibrates or makes noise (screaming bearing in the AC pulley.) I know if I sold now, the next guy would get 100K more easy with regular maintenance. I am (over)due for shocks/springs. Good luck.