PDA

View Full Version : LSD Clutch Plates

Montius
08-06-2005, 02:06 AM
I have got a 3.45 lsd from a clubsport ti, and it is in need of some repair. I have been able to find most of the bearings and seals with some local suppliers, however i cant find the clutch plates for the limited slip. I have found the plates for the 188 size (6 cyl diffs) but cant find any for the 168 (4 cyl diff). Thanks in advance

Cris

cossieturbo
09-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Maybe this might help...? This is the site I was sent to for Diff repair etc... www.diffsonline.com
If I find more I'll let you know.

cossieturbo

Montius
09-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Thanks, but I already found them, and the lsd is rebuilt and in the car. I got them from Koala Motorsports. The shipping was fast, and the price was right. The rebuild was also very simple, and fairly cheap too. Thanks anyways.

Cris

96cali
09-16-2005, 06:35 PM
Cris- since Brett Anderson at Koala is my mech, how much did the rebuild kit cost?

Montius
09-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey Phil, I just bought the frictions discs from him, which were about $225 I think, the bearings and races I got from Canadian Bearing (after market, but the exact bearings that bmw uses) for about $35cdn, the seals I got OEM, for about $50 think. I ended up just switching the lsd hub into my open diff because the teeth on the pinnion gear were chipped pretty bad, and I didnt want to mess with setting up the pinnion depth (according to Koala, thats really the only hard part). Only took an hour or two to get everything setup, and I never had to remove the old diff from the car. The diff works great now, no chatter, and grabs perfect. I have probably put 4000k on in since the rebuild with no problems, and a bunch of auto-x days. So much more fun in the corners than the open diff, and faster too!! :smile:

If you need any more info, just let me know!! I was going to write a how to, with some pics, but I got a little excited when the discs came in and forgot the camera at home. I still have the internals from the open diff if anyone needs them.

Cris