PDA

View Full Version : Dime In Lighter Hole

DaNO
08-07-2005, 08:10 AM
OK. so i have a dime in my lighter socket and everytime i try to grab it it sparks.. i was wondering if there is a way to get it out without discnnecting the battery, and yes i know it isnt that hard to disconnect but i am at my computer right now and im bored and i REALLY really dont want to have to go out and put forth so much effort into getting this dime out..and i do know that its not THAT much effort but im just really really lazy.....so any help would be great, thanks, lazy dude in san deigo (now i continue to try and hit this damn monkey)

stormos
08-07-2005, 08:47 AM
use 2 wooden sticks.... like lolly pop ones or maybe toothpicks. pencils perhaps?

just an idea.....

DaNO
08-07-2005, 09:42 AM
yeah, i tried that but for some reason it still sparks.....maybe i should just not be so lazy...

joshydee
08-07-2005, 10:17 AM
big tweezers with insulating tape wrapped round... or some gum stuck to a stick.. then pull it out realy quick !

stormos
08-07-2005, 11:09 AM
gum sounds good idea actually :)

96cali
08-08-2005, 04:20 AM
a drop of crazy glue on the end of a pencil eraser. gently press till it sets then yank that sucka out!

aceyx
08-08-2005, 03:14 PM
pull the fuse for the lighter socket, then use a vacuum.

DustenT
08-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Flip your car upside down and shake it til the dime drops out. :biggrin:

Tyler
08-08-2005, 08:33 PM
OK. so i have a dime in my lighter socket and everytime i try to grab it it sparks.. i was wondering if there is a way to get it out without discnnecting the battery, and yes i know it isnt that hard to disconnect but i am at my computer right now and im bored and i REALLY really dont want to have to go out and put forth so much effort into getting this dime out..and i do know that its not THAT much effort but im just really really lazy.....so any help would be great, thanks, lazy dude in san deigo (now i continue to try and hit this damn monkey)

If you take out the ash-tray there is 2 screws i think. Take those out and that whole unit there,ash-tray and cigarerette lighter unit comes free. Simply disconnect the wire that plugs into it or turn upside down. Or like someone else said just use a vaccum on it,no need to pull any fuses.

maherbaz
08-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Do you know any jews?

(j/k, I'm actually jewish so I can make that joke)

Tyler
08-09-2005, 03:53 AM
Do you know any jews?

(j/k, I'm actually jewish so I can make that joke)

I'd say that is a stupid comment and does not belong here no matter what your race is.

aceyx
08-09-2005, 04:18 AM
if you don't pull the fuse, you could blow it. then you'd have to replace it, then go to the auto store, and get a replacement backup.

seriously, it'll take less time than pulling the lighter tray out. then you can just pry it out with whatever since there's no power going through it.

96cali
08-09-2005, 05:33 PM
I'd say that is a stupid comment and does not belong here no matter what your race is.

Made me gasp and then laugh a second later once I got the joke. Kinda liked some humor...:redface: