PDA

View Full Version : Inspection III

f1racer_82
08-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Hi guys,
My mechanic told me that I should do an Inspection III as the car's run 120k.And the estimate is around $450.I have done the Inspection I and II but I am not sure about this inspection III as I havent read about it anywhere.Has anyone done that?

Thanks

aceyx
08-11-2005, 08:24 PM
find a new mechanic, immediately.

nick_hegel
08-11-2005, 08:33 PM
find a new mechanic, immediately. He speaks the truth! Find one that knows how to properly do Inspections 5 & 6

jk

stormos
08-11-2005, 11:26 PM
i want an inspection 10! ?)

robcarync
08-12-2005, 02:28 AM
450 dollars for an inspection III?!

my mechanic did the inspection III for 600!

i got ripped off!

gooten1
08-12-2005, 04:05 AM
Inspection 3 is not real. If you went in the rotation, it would either be the oil service or the inspection 1 again.

But just out of curiosity, what did he so kindly offer to do during this inspection? Change your blinker fluid? Check the voltage of your flux capacitor? Refill your water pump? Did he sell you a new timing belt? Your flywheel chain hasn't come off, has it? Check your slip limiters? Adjust the angle of your dangle?

stormos
08-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Adjust the angle of your dangle?

LMAO!

Romuald
08-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Hi to everybody!
I'm a new comer, I've just got my car 2 months ago (second use), I don't know much about that.
Sorry if my question has been already discussed, but I would like to know the frequence to do maintenance? My car shows 16600 Km today.
Thks for your assistance
Rgds

robbie-z
08-12-2005, 03:59 PM
hey now, everyone know that's the angle of the dangle in proportional to the heat of the rod... lol

i'm coming up on inspection II... god help me...

oh... and i'm running synthetic blinker fluid, i'm good for the life of the car :smile:

f1racer_82
08-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Hi,
He said he would do a bumper to bumper check and virtually check out everything in the car....I am just thinking about getting all the oils,fluids and filters checked and checking out the timing chain and spark plug and wires as the car has run 120 k.

Dusty
08-12-2005, 04:20 PM
Inspection 3 is not real. If you went in the rotation, it would either be the oil service or the inspection 1 again.

But just out of curiosity, what did he so kindly offer to do during this inspection? Change your blinker fluid? Check the voltage of your flux capacitor? Refill your water pump? Did he sell you a new timing belt? Your flywheel chain hasn't come off, has it? Check your slip limiters? Adjust the angle of your dangle?

LOL...too funny!

gooten1
08-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Take it to someone else. All the things you mentioned should have already been adressed in the other inspections and services. Sure, you can have him look over it if you want, but you don't really need to, unless you're noticing something wrong. Are you taking your to an independent shop? I'm sure if you tell us where you live, someone may be able to reccomend somewhere.

aceyx
08-12-2005, 04:39 PM
f1racer_82, what's your history with the car? is it new to you? were there service records when you purchased it?

are you having any problems? even at 120k, your car may not need a lot of repair. where are you in the country? what kind of driver are you?

in any case, get a new mechanic. $450 is a LOT to just "check things out"

f1racer_82
08-12-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi aceyx,
I am from Kansas and I bought the car recently.I have the service records.The filters were changed in October last year.I am not having any problems,I just wanna get the car checked and change all the oils,fluids and get the filters checked.

L84THSKY
08-14-2005, 05:34 AM
Start by changing everything once yourself, then keep a log of what you are doing. Replace whatever the Inspection I & II says, but on your own schedule.

Hi aceyx,
I am from Kansas and I bought the car recently.I have the service records.The filters were changed in October last year.I am not having any problems,I just wanna get the car checked and change all the oils,fluids and get the filters checked.